Rear Wheel Bearing Noise

A

applehead

Our 2 month out of warranty 28000 mile 1.2 SX has developed a noise which I have traced to the offside rear wheel bearing

Is this a DIY job or Nissan only ? Looks like the bearing can be pressed out of the hub, but I am concerned about the ABS stuff

Thanks for any help/info in advance

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
To remove the bearing you need to take out the circlip and then press the bearing out, but unless you have a hydralic press i wouldnt even try to diy it.

Heres what you want to do get a new nissan bearing about £30 if memory serves me right and then go to your local back street garage and ask them to fit it as it will be cheaper than the nissan dealer,

to change the bearing your looking at 30 - 40 minutes labour no more tho cause they are easy as pie to change

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
I would have a moan at Nissan. Thats appauling for a bearing to fail that quickly.

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
tbh you should have no trouble getting it done under warranty, lets says ive done about 8 this month so its not a rare thing to happen

if in doubt ring nissan customer services and be prepared for a long wait on hold ( best do it on a work phone )

OP
OP
A

applehead

Thanks again, had to have it done now as it got a lot worse, cost by Nissan was £66 inc (half hour labour)

They have submitted a goodwill claim, but I will ring Nissan customer services anyway

OP
OP
A

applehead

Just been told that Nissan will pay 75% on goodwill claim!#

Seems to be a common problem?