Urgent help needed people

Antony

Ex. Club Member
erm.... i have fitted my new inlet manifold, new injector rail and new fuel pressure regulator (like a sard one) and now my car wont start.... i have fiddled with the adjustment on the FPR but it makes little to no difference.

when i did manage to get it started it started straight up and idled but if you tried to rev it it would just sound like it was under water then spit fuel out through the throttle body and slowly die...

the guage on the FPR is reading around 20-30psi...

any idea?o_Oo_Oo_O

Why did you do this? There is no need to change those parts on your car! Put it back as it was, and you'll be all fine again!

erm.... i have fitted my new inlet manifold, new injector rail and new fuel pressure regulator (like a sard one) and now my car wont start.... i have fiddled with the adjustment on the FPR but it makes little to no difference.

when i did manage to get it started it started straight up and idled but if you tried to rev it it would just sound like it was under water then spit fuel out through the throttle body and slowly die...

the guage on the FPR is reading around 20-30psi...

any idea?o_Oo_Oo_O

try removeing the FPR and try with the std one see if that helps, make shure you have al the pipes fully on and in the corect place, makeing shure they may be nothing blocking the pipes

have a look in the fule rail to see if ther is any kind of blockage??
and that the is no paint inside of the rail and inlet manifold

check for air leaks...are all the vac hoses attached, is the inlet gasket, throttle body sealing correctly etc etc.

Also do you definatly have the fuel reg connected correctly?.

Are the injectors stock or an upgrade?.

If its chucking fuel, it sounds like youve got either a leak or a missive overfuel problem.

wow.. what a response..

the standard manifold was broken and needed replacing, the injector rail is a standard one that came with the manifold (and injectors too)

come to think of it...... are CG10 injectors the same as CG13? cos i think they are off a cg10?

yeah its all hooked up properly and everything... GRR

im gonna replace the fuel rail with the stock cg13 one i took off.....

thank you very much for the fast response..

ok, just removed the rail and started to fit the oe one back on...

god,, those fuel pipes are a right git to remove..GRR

this happened to me and it was a faulty FPR. fitted the replacement one i got and it worked fine. you gotta picture of the FPR?

nope, but its a crappy ebay£10 jobbie, a sard copy with a guage..

its ok, fitted the stock one back in and its working perfectly now... sodding FPR...GRRR

thanks guys...

Back