Urgent Help Needed!

First of all, I would just like to say sorry for the large amount of topics ive made about this subject, but no one seems to know much about it....

I have bought some super s clocks with rev counter, my standard pre facelift k11 isn't allowing them to work, everything else does (speedo, fuel gauge, coolant gauge, digital clock)

I've spliced the blue wire from the distributor and im running a wire from there all the way back into the dash.

I just don't know where the wire needs fitting to. I know what pin is used on the rev counter and what pin on the socket at the back of the instrument cluster, I even know that it has something to do with the blue/black wire currently in the plug which goes into the back of the instrument cluster.....

I just don't know how you link the wire from the distributor to the instrument cluster to get it to work. Do you cut the current blue/black wire and replace with the one from the dizzy or do you join the two together?

Please help.

Wayne.

M

mankian

I have done this but in a facelift micra and i think the wiring is completely different, sorry. You could try searching the aussie forums http://www.micra.com.au, there was a guy on that called 'Polar' who seems to know alot about that kinda thing!

OP
OP
W
Ive cut the original wire and joined the one from the dizzy instead.........didn't work!

Ive joined the dizzy wire, to the original wire which then goes into the plug......Still doesn't work.

Ive tested the current on the multi-meter and everything works fine.

I guess the rev counter doesn't work, full stop.

Am i doing something wrong?

mean micra

www.mightymicra.co.uk
woohoo someone needs my guide.... :)

its on micraholics which is down at mo... but put your email down and i send it to you in word format...

pics and descriptions...