uprated head gasket

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
Does anyone know where you can get an uprated head gasket for a 1348cc micra, it needs to be capable of comfortably sustaining 200 BHP.

I recently tried ferriday and got my first price of £80 then 6 weeks later the quote became £158 so am after some other quotes to compare. But will need one as the head is almost ready.

Thanks

Paul

Does anyone know where you can get an uprated head gasket for a 1348cc micra, it needs to be capable of comfortably sustaining 200 BHP.

I recently tried ferriday and got my first price of £80 then 6 weeks later the quote became £158 so am after some other quotes to compare. But will need one as the head is almost ready.

Thanks

Paul

£80 is unrealistic, I'm surprised Mike quoted you that. Ferriday have already done gaskets for the CGA3 engine and should be able to provide you with a good gasket as long as you are specific of it's requirements. £158 is a very good price and you wont get anything which will be likely to work for less money. There isn't anything else other than something else custom or something rediculously over priced from Japan.

Hope this helps.....

Yes, i have one custom made metal headgasket on my SR engine, had to use Haylomar Blue sealant, but thats normal with metal headgaskets, and its working fine until now (not turbo'ed yet, and had a little oil leak, solved with a head re-torque to 70º on the final torque stage, normal is 60º)

It was from a local gasket store, you can see pics on my blogs (dont know if they are on the 1.0 or the SR blog).

I think im using it for 1 month maybe, and the engine is standard atm, the turbo conversion will be finished in 1 month i hope.

Why would you use say a copper head gasket over a steel one or bi metal head gasket. I am concerned that the metal one weeped so easily as I do not want to be doing the job again lol. It needs to seal and stay sealed. lol

Thanks

Paul

Back