Different steering racks/upgrades

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows of any differences between the steering racks on a 01/02 k11 1.0 S and a 01 k11 1.4 SE+,

I've noticed that the 1.0 S that a friend has a better turning circle than my 1.4 SE+ and I'm trying to figure out if they are indeed different racks,
or he's modified it and by what means.

If anyone knows or has a solution for reducing the turning circle I would like to know.

Much appreciated

Scott

What I'm about to say is not about the turning circle, but it may be an upgrade. I've heard that someone made fit the K12 steering rack tie rods in a K11 steering rack tie rod ends because the former are thicker... There must be a work to do, but does anyone see the purpose of doing that?

What I'm about to say is not about the turning circle, but it may be an upgrade. I've heard that someone made fit the K12 steering rack tie rods in a K11 steering rack tie rod ends because the former are thicker... There must be a work to do, but does anyone see the purpose of doing that?

Quote: “There must be a work to do, but does anyone see the purpose of doing that”?

Perhaps doing unnecessary work the purpose is to look busy, & in the case of garage mechanic’s to fit unnecessary new parts & labour to increase garage bills earn commission & maximise profits.

The jobs a good one. :rolleyes:

Quote: “There must be a work to do, but does anyone see the purpose of doing that”?

Perhaps doing unnecessary work the purpose is to look busy, & in the case of garage mechanic’s to fit unnecessary new parts & labour to increase garage bills earn commission & maximise profits.

The jobs a good one. :rolleyes:
That's a point. I was just wondering, but I'll think about it. ;)

few yrs ago I tried to find a quicker ratio PAS rack.
https://micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-177#post-769501

compared a preface rack to a facelift rack and both had the same gearing ratio :cautious:

IMAG0626.jpg

only difference was the facelift had this green collar insert which limits the travel & steering angle

IMAG0627.jpg

Back