UNRGENT HELP NEEDED!!!!!

M

MTB

:p Hi all, i started my bros carina gti tonight and the radiator was smokeing quite bad, also there is a little white foam on the inside of the oil cap, and finally the antifreez seems to be dissapearing, sorry for asking on here but i know there is alot of mechanicaly minded people on here. I need quick replys because he is due to get some other work done on the car tommorrow, but if this smoke thing is serious then i have to cancel getting the other things fixed in the morning, thx all MTB:p

if the anti freeze is disapering, with no visable leaks in the cooling system, I would say the head gasket has gone (the white foam on the oil cap is also a sign of this as it is the water mixing with the oil). rad smoking? could it be steam?

Hi m8 thx for the reply, i think it might be steam but not sure, the antifreeze has just been changed and toped it, obviously if its dissapearing it must be the gasket then, MTB.

Does sound like head gasket I'm afraid. Smoke could be hot oil in the water but I doubt it. Could also be a puncture in the radiator caused by oil clogging it up & pressurising a weak spot?

sometime white stuff in the oil cap can infact just be condensation. For a clearer picture, you should take the rocker cover off and then look. If it all looks like maionaise, then your head gasket has gone. If it all looks nice and gold colour, then its finne.

i have to say, its very rare for the 3S-GE to go for a burton.

may well be a thermo blockage etc. running it too hot and overheating thewater, causing it tostea, ( several poblems may cause this but if head gasket gone then as slim says u can tell when rocker removed

Back