help needed

B

bladessue

hi i'm new to these forums and know very little about cars so i could do with any answers being written in an idiot proof styel

i've just bought a great white k12 but have had lots of problems with it. the most recent two are that when my front headlights are on the raised brake light stays on even when i am not braking. not long after i bought it someone kindly smashed my rear brake light (lower) so i bought a new light and fitted it on. could that be something to do with it. the new light works fine though.

the other problem is that the last week or so sometimes (but not always) it seems to be really sluggish at accelerating. to the point that is struggles to get past 30 on a hill. my old micra was only a 1.0 and it never struggled at that sort of thing and this is a 1.4. please tell me it's nothing serious and if possible i can avoid another trip to the garage (i've alread been 3 times in the last month). please help if you can - i'm getting pretty desperate.:doh:

thanks

sue

If uve just bought it, u must have warranty on it... if u do take a trip to the garage... no point in getting ur hands dirty if u dont have to. Check ur wiring.. i had a probly when i breaked the side lights went off, it was just a bad earth..

my 1.4 fly's up hills so yours dont sound too well to me:doh:

is the engine management light lit when you loose your power Sue?

Where in the world are you if anyone can help?

Yorkie:grinning:

Welcome to the club. I think that you should take it back to the garage regardless of how many times you've been back already. fwn

Back