Under seat/footwell LED's

L

lewis

I'm going to start to fit some to my car and have them on a switch so I can turn them on/off.

Question is, have any of you done this? Where abouts did you put the switches? I don't really want to put them on the dashboard as I regularly have drunk folk in my car :laugh: although I would like them to be a feature.

Any ideas guys?

i had my switch on the right hand side of the steering wheel,so they will stil be on show from that side of the car ,,at shows,cruises

no pics tho sorry

Nice one RIK, the ideas are appreciated :)

I forgot to say if anybody has pics - ideal!

lol....drunk folk.

theres actually a little ledge you can attach them to, thats at the back of the centre console section.....easiest way is to get down in the footwell and take a peek.

you can take a feed from the back of the cigarette lighter and then connect the +ve and - to your leds, so when you put your lights on....they light up automatically eliminates the need for an additional switch that way.

(but does mean they only work if your lights are on :))

oh and forgot to mention, this is assuming they are the 12v leds.

ive got a few switches on the bottom panel of the dashboard centre console (below the ashtray)

Here's a couple for ya

Attachments

• led5.jpg
    led5.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 257
  • led4.jpg
    led4.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 236
  • led3.jpg
    led3.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 243
  • led2.jpg
    led2.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 225
  • led1.jpg
    led1.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 250
Dave - that looks awesome mate, gonna have a bash at some of those over the next week or so :)

Will post some pics ;)

i had mine wired up to the interior light with a seperate switch in the dash next to the hazard lights so that i can turn them off but still have the interior lights on, for the actual switch i just painted over and old fog light switch so it looked like a blank, but you could paint a small logo on it

i bought 2 neon sticks with a red and black wire and a switch on them. ive had them for a bit ut i ont know wot to o with them because wot i got told was to hook them up with the 12v cig lighter but i dont have a cig lighter or owt so dont know were i can conect it up to ayone have any ideas

the cig lighter wires will stil be ther,,behind wire the cig lighter goes if you did have one ,,hope that helped abit

if you have an inline fuse any where you could just run a wire from the battery, through the fuse and the bulk head to the lights and then to the switch and earth

wow thread from the dead!

you wire the 12V+ side to a constant source (with a fuse) and then the negative side to the door switch

nope, that is a "courtesy feature" controlled by the same magic box that does the central locking (i am assuming you have central locking in that case)

but the signal that goes to the box to tell it the door is open is a very basic switch where the door holds a pin out of place and when the door is open the pin springs forward and touches the body of the car (giving a ground signal)

damn, the idea is that the LED's would come on when i unlock the car (yes Central Locking) if i cant do that it may just have to be when the door opens, is this the sort of spring switch that is on the inside of the door?

damn, the idea is that the LED's would come on when i unlock the car (yes Central Locking) if i cant do that it may just have to be when the door opens, is this the sort of spring switch that is on the inside of the door?

the switch is in the bottom corner of the body of the car, a little black rubber one, there should only be one wire going to it, which you get at from the inside of the car.

if you want the lights to come on when you unlock the car it can still be done, but i can't think exactly how off the top of my head. you would need to use the switch in the door lock, which has a red and yellow wire going to the control box, i think this gives a ground signal when the doors are unlocked. but i can't remember

I not got my micra yet but if I remember back in 2006 my micra I could feed the wiring through the roof from the rear view mirror, tuck it all in and able to pull the cable through the interior light no problem without taking the roof lining down.. A lot easier than feeding cables through the doors etc..

Back