Water under back seat???

Hi I have trawled through the forum and there has been posts on this in the past but no one seems to have identified the actual problem. My wife has a 05 160SR micra. She has only had it since Dec 09 and was complaining of the windows constantly being fogged up. I put it down to the garage maybe valeting it and the inclement weather.
Last week I looked further and found the boot carpet was wet and some water was laid in the spare wheel well and the off side rear corner, as if coming from the light cluster! I dried the carpet and the water from in the car. Today I lifted the carpet again and the carpet is wet at the edge near the rear seat. On sliding the rear seat forward the carpet under the drivers side back seat is wet and the cable that runs down this side has a adhesive pad securing it in place is also wet???? Could it be leaking from the boot release and running down the cable which runs down this side or am I clutching at straws? I intend to ring the dealer on Monday and get it sorted but I always prefer to have so information to hand incase they try to fob me off!

Cheers.

Back