festoon LED's blowing..;)

hey guys,
i decided to replace my interior light with some led ones. i got 2 of these 'bulbs' which both had 8 smd led's in...
i put one in and it worked so i thought i would connect both 'bulbs' together to make a double bright light and after a bit of plastic breaking i got both bulbs to fit nice giving me a 16smd output. for the last 5 days it worked fine but today i had them on for about 5 minutes whilst i worked on getting my glovebox light in and suddenly they stopped working. I replaced the led 'bulbs' with the original bulb and it worked as normal so anyone got any ideas as to why they blew? the current draw on led's is very small so i cant work out why they stopped working.. only thing i did diferently today as to the last 5 days was to keep them on for about 5 mins, i have had them running 2-3 mins over the past few days............

tried to be as informative as possible

I've been running a 4 LED "bulb" in my interior for over a month now without a problem.

Doubt they overheated as LEDs don't generally produce much heat.

i think what it was is that the door had been left open for me to get easier access.. with the door open the light was on and then i started the engine and i think the car starting might have been why they blew..

some of them will be, choose care fully
brrrap up the nats light too :)
DSC00968.jpg

Back