Water in footwell

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Yep my car's really going through it at the moment!

The other day i drove to Ems's. The weather was pretty poor, and so was the traffic! Anyway, long story made short, the passenger footwell had a shallow puddle in! I dont have a carpet in there at the moment so could quite easily see the water sitting in the grooves on the floor.

Now, The bit where you put your legs seemed to be dry, and so did the side along the door. Could it be coming up through the floor? Has anyone got any ideas where the water could be coming from?

There's quite alot of exposed wiring in my car and i'd rather not have a pond in there everytime it rains.

Any places to check or advice appreciated. I'l take a picture next time it happens.

Thanks

well...when i had this problem i waited for a dry day,and pulled the carpet back (you wont have to) dry it all out, stay in the car and get a mate,gf,parent anyone! to spray the hose pipe over the whole car mostly around panel joints :)
for me it was easy cos it was a big hole a the water ran through quickly
if its not that you know its coming from underneath

and you have a hose pipe ban..so good luck

Apparently the underneath on my car is immaculate and one of the best people have seen, so not sure about rotten! You never know, certain parts may have degraded over time but been missed.

LOL, was just thinking about that hosepipe ban Rik when reading your post. I like the idea though. Will check door seals and everything but couldnt spot anything wrong at first glance.

Arnold said:
Will check door seals and everything but couldnt spot anything wrong at first glance.

you would be suprised when you find it..my leak was behind the rear light where the quarter panel and boot join a 1 inch gap was missed with the rubber sealer it ran through the boot under the rear seats and into the footwell. i couldnt belive that little bit under the light would cause so much damage

i only found the water becuse i was looking for the ecu lol

Rear light was the cause of the same problem on another K10 - it ran off the roof, down the gutters, to the lights, in the lights, and then ended up in the passenger footwell.

Back