Ultimate GTR :)

I just found this on the fastcar site, and the speed, sound and looks of it are just awesome. Plus, if you had one you wouldn't really care about the mpg, that wouldn't be the gauge you'd be looking at mostly :p

880hp on pump gas? I can't believe USAs best gas is only 91! We'd have like 950hp at all times from "pump gas"!

I know who I want to tune my K11 now though lol!

Pepper

880hp on pump gas? I can't believe USAs best gas is only 91! We'd have like 950hp at all times from "pump gas"!

I know who I want to tune my K11 now though lol!

Pepper

That's because fuel co's here in the UK insist on advertising RON, (research octane number), at the pumps.

Many other countries, (including USA), instead advertise AKI, (anti-knock index), which is ((RON + MON)/2). MON, (motor octane number), being a more demanding combustion test than a basic RON test. MON is always less than RON to a varying degree, but gives a better indication of how the fuel is likely to behave under load than RON. Taking a look at race fuels is interesting, some RON and MON numbers are actually very close indicating a stable fuel which will perform well under high loads and speeds, which presumably will give a mapper a good margin.

You'll probably find that the 87 octane and 91 octane in the US are equivalent to UK 95 and 98 RON fuels in the UK, (give or take).

Back