uk micra drivers!!!

CMF_sonny peacey

» CMF Member
i took my back seats, jack, spare wheels out of my car because you guys said it is a good improvement! im not sure if its the same for australia, but my car failed its m.o.t because i didnt havethese things in it!!!!!

has anyone else experiensed this?? or have any solutions??

thanks sonny

CMF_Micra Matt

» CMF Member
i might be wrong but in order to pass an mot, the vechile must have a jack of some discription and a spare wheel. i think the vechile has to be prepared for getting a puncture lol.

any way you could just put these things back for the mot and take them out again for road use

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
read a version of the uk MOT manual online. you can take everything out of the inside of a car. you only need somewhere for the driver to sit securely.
what did the fail sheet say?
as knieval said there might be a possibilty the rear seatbelts if you left them in could still count it as having rear seats i dont know. just take them out and you will be ok. i also suggest you register the car via your V5 to say how many seats you want the micra to be. there is no charge to do this.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
what the point of putting them back in when you dont need to? you would end up having to do that each year if you used the same MOT station. just tell them they are wrong and ask them to give you a pass certificate. get your v5 changed to make sure.
as for the tinted lights, the bad taste police say no.

CMF_sonny peacey

» CMF Member
well i put em back in now!!! anoyin that it ws! i will get it throught the mot then take em out. im painting my calipers to day! should look good im pretty hand with paint!

polar how is your micra the lightest?? im very curious to no what youve done to it.

Attachments

• 20524.jpg
    20524.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 16

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
i have taken everything out from the inside of the micra. registered it as a single seater. bits and bobs taken from exterior and engine bay aswell. some lights have been removed also as its daylight use only MOT'd.

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
in asutralia you have to have sapre wheel, jack, and tools to use the jack and get the wheels off. its common sense to have those aint it. you probably only use it once in your life but when you need it its a great thing to have. can you out of places if get a flat.
yeah remove the seatbelts. if the car was designesd to seat four people then it should. you would have to get it engineered to be a 2 seater. then when mot people see engineer certificate will be no problems.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
seems you have some tight rules in oz. since a few years ago most new cars i have looked at/intrested in here including my new vw dont come with a spare wheel or any tools/jack as standard. they have a tyre repair bottle.
in regards to engineering to be a 2 seater, in the uk its as easy as just writing the number "2" in a box on your certificate, post it to the agency and they post the certificate back with it updated, they dont need to see the car or need proof or require any fee either. can do the same for engine changes to any increase in size you like.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Alot of new cars here in Aus are coming with a bottle of tyre repair/inflate in a can as well.

I might do something similar to save a few kilos myself. I've never found myself too far away from civilisation to need a proper spare.

Attachments

• 20548.jpg
    20548.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 18
Back