Ignorant UK Car Modders!!!!

CMF_yoyoninjaboy

» CMF Member
Its becoming apparent judging from recent posts that the micra is a joke in the UK. im from south yorkshire in the UK and have been criticised by many car modders for chosing a micra. i have also been laughed at by people that dont even drive!! i would like to know what is so funny!

i find it interesting that people buy a 1991 (or whaterver) Corsa, with rust and an engine thats seen 100K plus and spend thousands on bodykits and exhausts that actually lose power as theyre so big. and underneath all there well earned (or not well earned in some cases) cash is an old, rotting vauxhall.

THEN, they have the cheek to laugh at me, in an carefully restored 2002 micra. A Nissan, which is alot better built that a vauxhall. A Nissan, which has better quality plastics used on the interior than a vauxhall.

My girlfriend used to drive a saxo. thats another car whose drivers think they have a better car than a micra.

My driving experience in that car (saxo) was one of the worst ever! the brakes (even with brand new pads) were terrible, the gearbox was clunky, it had no power steering and the overall feel of the car was cheap.

i now own a Vauxhall Zafira (as well as my micra) as a company car. (not through choice). the plastics are cheap such as the indicator stalks which feel like they will snap off, the gearbox is hard work...... the lists go on.

My micra has the smoothest gearbox ive ever used, the handling is ace, etc etc etc

Modding the micra is a challenge, and its more individual and personal than the hundreds of identical saxos n corsas.

Thats my rant. please feel free to add your own comments and oppinions and personal experiences of similar things.
I personally find it extremely irritating!

Nick

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
I cop alot of flak from friends for owning a Micra here in Australia.
They can't see the point. Worse still are my mates who are involved in motorsport - they think I've gone nuts doing one up to go faster! But that's why I love the Micra. It's not mainstream. Its different. Very different over here because it's a comparatively uncommon car. So I revell in the criticism. One day they'll get the point. If not, it's their problem.

CMF_kristian...

» CMF Member
Personally, doing deliveryies to other countries, ive driven Brand new high end mercs, and porches, Ive even driven the latest Mustang convertable... along with rusting old classics.. and crappy old mercs....

I drive a modified Primera GT Full time...

Yet im still spending money most of my car funds on my micra project...

Non of these fantastic drives have pursuaded me to sell up and get somthing serious..

its in the charicter of the car I think..

CMF_lukemitch2000

» CMF Member
I know what you mean, I sold my Micra over a year ago and Moved to a Citroen C2 GT (shown below) But I still think the Micra was much better built! I Miss it :(

Attachments

• 19982.jpg
    19982.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 39

CMF_K11SS

» CMF Member
if u r from the uk... u tried www.micra.org.uk its a uk micra site n is well worth joining up to got lots of info there too

n yes i know exactly wat u mean i had a few scrap cars to put to the grave ( jus break it through driving it realy hard, in to wals n stuff maybe other cars-lol) n none lasted as long as the jap cars had a sierra did a wee bump n it was dead had a micra and i crashed it so many times it jus would not die :) made me feel happy that it didn break in those conditions :D

stephen

CMF_Chookman

» CMF Member
I've owned/driven a lot of cars, EK-HR holdens, Valiants, V8 Nissan Patrol, Morrie's, Supercharged '47 Chevrolet and I will even admitt to a P76 Leyland and and the odd ford or two. Every car I have owned someone has asked why?? My answer to them is "If you have to ask why you'll never understand"..
I get tired of hearing about some fictional friend of some guy who's got this fantastic car no one has ever seen but goes really fast, oh and the sound system is etc etc....you know the rest.
At the end of the day "WHO CARES" because I know when I drive my Micra I've got a smile from ear to ear and that's all that matters.

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Chookman WROTE:

"At the end of the day "WHO CARES" because I know when I drive my Micra I've got a smile from ear to ear and that's all that matters.

Amen to that!

My mate has a 350Z and he does all sorts of crap to his car. New turbo timer, new rims, new body kit.. He asked me the other day, :"What have you done to your car?" and I said, "Nothing. Its already perfect."
*chuckle*

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
Toma WROTE:

"Chookman WROTE:

My mate has a 350Z and he does all sorts of crap to his car. New turbo timer, new rims, new body kit.. He asked me the other day, :"What have you done to your car?" and I said, "Nothing. Its already perfect."

*chuckle*

does he know he doesnt have a turbo? lol

or is it..

CMF_micratech

» CMF Member
I get most good feedback for modefying a Micra from people up here..
They seeme to like that it is sifferent..

My car got featured in the most popular auto tvshow up here last year! The host, wich many people look up to, started of saying "To all you girls aged 18 that I have recomended the Nissan Micra to over the years, YOU CAN ALL STOP LAUGHING! Just look how **** hot the Micra can get, this owner has realy got it.." hehehe =D

One of my mates once said to me "just think when we get older and are able to get the car of our dreams..", and i replyed "I`m 26 and I allready have the car of my dreams!"..
You should have seen the look in his face..! =D

Cheers
Are

CMF_Micra Nut

» CMF Member
Lot people think im mad, but i get a good few looks on the road. A micra would beat nearly any 1.1l or so on the road. People dont laugh when u beat them in a 1.0l and there in a 1.1l or 1.2l

CMF_Pyro

» CMF Member
Thing is, I dont even need the fastest car on the road. I want the car that I am most happy with. I dont race, no stop light sprints, I just sit, drive and enjoy. It happens pretty often that when modified cars approach me from the back (spotting my silly backbox) and they immediately start putting their front on my bumper, or revving like there is no tommorrow. If they are so certain this little car is dead slow, why bother? Most people dont understand why I love my car so much, but as said before: their bad...

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Well I can tell you for the money I have spent on both my cars I reckon I have the best bang for my buck. I love the shape, the room for such a small car and anyway specially in Whitey a lot of cars worth 5 times as much only ever see its backside.Its the jaw drops I like to see.
I mainly drive in a defensive manner and only go a bit mad when I think the mighty Micra is being looked down upon.Then its time to unleash the dark side.
Just love jumping in the car and turning the key.Another world.

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
i get a load of abuse from mates and even family about my micra and the mods i have done...'why not save you money, sell your micra and get a better car'...better, better, better. show me a better car!!!

im going turbo, so will probly get a little more credit when my poo micra beats the 'poo' off top end cars....cant wait!!!! will post my progress soon.

CMF_Madrabbit

» CMF Member
I have the same problem even though mine is rally prepared.
People are initially very interested when they find out you rally. You can then see them smirk when you tell them it's a Micra not an Impreza!
I'd rather have the Micra.

Attachments

• 20067.jpg
    20067.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 39

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
and finally, my son drives/drove a BMW 325i with M Tech kit, that is until the transmission blew in it a few weeks ago at a cost of $3000 to replace. He's decided that the Micra is a lot of fun to drive and is not interested in repairing his own car, I just hope it can stand up to the "hooning" that I am sure it will have to endure....I've had my baby since new, and like many others on this site, am in love. It's great that it is still in the family, it was my BMW that he ended up with, and she's dead after 3 years. This will be a true test of Micra's strength and durability, won't it? Keep you posted lol.....

Back