two reverse lights how?

i am thinking to get right rear light with reverse light from germany or uk.

i want to get two reverse lights on my micra :D

how does this work?

if someone done this before then please message me

thanks for your help :)

Personally, i'd trace the cluster back to the loom and find out if the other taillight has the loom already run to it. Unless Nissan went to the hassle of not standardising this for LHD and RHD models. (I know my Mazda 6 have identical looms at each cluster and only one reversing light/fog)

If not - I'd cut that wire and run a parallel link wire over to the cluster to feed it. THEN when you switch on the reverse lights, have a mate hold the loom. If you smell smoke/it goes on fire then tell him to stop, drop and roll.

Actually on second thoughts, don't do that - you might be better to swap to low draw LED bulbs and save the hassle.

No expert though, but trial and error always works for me.

Will that effect fogs or anything?

Personally, i'd trace the cluster back to the loom and find out if the other taillight has the loom already run to it. Unless Nissan went to the hassle of not standardising this for LHD and RHD models. (I know my Mazda 6 have identical looms at each cluster and only one reversing light/fog)

If not - I'd cut that wire and run a parallel link wire over to the cluster to feed it. THEN when you switch on the reverse lights, have a mate hold the loom. If you smell smoke/it goes on fire then tell him to stop, drop and roll.

Actually on second thoughts, don't do that - you might be better to swap to low draw LED bulbs and save the hassle.

No expert though, but trial and error always works for me.

Will that effect fogs or anything?

its sound like hard job to do. i am not that expert as well. i will think to get it or leave it. good idea so i will check led bulbs from ebay :)

Reverse lights need to be white and don't come into mot. Can always put a external fog light on bumper, that's what French micras are like I believe.

I have the MOT certificate to prove it too.

DSCF2960.jpg

Though it is covered by construction and use regs, so the men from VOSA could have you by the danglies for it if they were so inclined.

fair enough, i stand corrected, but i was always thought that white lights come towards you, red lights go away from you and orange lights pass you.

Back