reverse lights

S

*samantha*

hi all,
i was wondering if anyone could help cause im abit thick, i have just passed my test and i bought a H reg micra, by the way its in mint condition :) so anyway back to the point it has no reverse lights working and i heard its a really big job can anyone tell me how i would go about doing this or is it just straight forward, i dont have a clue, thanks samantha.

when you select reverse gear it doesnt always put the reverse lights on, the gear stick needs to be in a certain place for them to come on, try it in the dark tonight, move the stick slightly whilst looking behind you so you will be able to see when they come on,

if not then check the fuse under the dash, if still nothing check the bulbs.

if still nothing then your snookered, no reverse light wont fail an MOT though so you'll just have to live without them :)

i have reverse lights just no light working when i reverse. i have checked the fuse and it is fine. but is it hard to actually change the bulb and how do you do this, im not up with micra's sorry any other car but not micra's.

I believe the switch for the reverse light in the gearbox can be a bit temperamental, but they aren't exactly a breeze to change - you need to drain the gearbox for that one.

Yep mine's nackered but it is alot of hassle & time to fix, so a temporary bodge solution is to wire a switch into the reverse light connector in the engine bay (the bit which joins the wires to the gearbox), so you can flick the lights on and off.

Just dont forget to turn them off when you moving forwards!

well wot are the chances i'll get pulled by the police and if i do wot will they do.

If they're stuck on, then i guess its more of a problem however the only bummer about them not working is when your trying to park. People just dont know what you're doing!

I'm suprised that it is not an MOT fail, I would have expected that it was.....I would say no reverse lights is pretty dodgy..

When compared with "every opening orafice by design must open" (a stuck-closed tailgate for example would fail.....correct me if I'm wrong though)

I know its rediculous since an MOT is/should be..."is this vehicle road worthy" and not "does your boot open?"

its very simple to change the switch, they seem to stop working after gearboxs are changed on the k10 mine worked fine until i changed the gearbox (used the orginal switch) if i held the reverse gear back hard the light came on never bothered to fix it in the end :p

identical problem i had seems to affect the 5 speed boxes mostley from my experience, easy to fix of worst case fit a new switch in the cockpit :D

Back