Wondering about reverse lights

Hey, I have my MOT coming up this Thursday, and I've been told my driver side (right hand drive) reverse light isn't working.

Now, the left one does work, and looking at the back of the car, there does indeed seem to be 2 clear/white sections at the bottom for what could be considered as reverse lights.

Its a Nissan Micra K11c 2002 Tempest 1.0

Now, does it infact only have 1?

I got the bulbs out from the boot, but can't see any issues with the one that isn't working.

Is that the fog light on the right and not a reverse light?

Thanks for any info :)

You dont need a reverse light for MOT

Fog light only needs to be on r/h rear of vehicle.

:)

Cheers you two for the replies.

I turned on the fog lights, and indeed, the one on the right that I thought was a reverse lit up :p

You think I'll fail my MOT for some body damage I have?

Basically, my mum (I won't let her drive it again) reversed into a tow bar of a van, and she thought she wasn't going that fast.
She blew a brake light, and I opened the boot (it does securely lock, but doesn't open as easily any more, as I think the catch has broken slightly), to find metal has jutted in where the bottom bumper is (the size of the tow bar), and was jutting against the spare wheel. The reverse wheel won't go back into its holder anymore after managing to pull it out but is still in the car, but everything else appears fine.

Would this be an MOT failure?

The fix would apparently cost around £400 but I've been told just to get a hammer and fix it myself.

This is a video of me opening the boot and showing the damage:

I know what the shaking gear stick is. It's apparently a broken spring, that makes the stick go back into neutral when let go, but I'm more worried about the damage as seen.

To open the boot at the minute, you have to turn the key in the lock and pull it up.
The lever inside the car sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. You can hear it working, but it doesn't open it, so its certainly not going to fly open.

The sigh was me being a bit annoyed at the time of filming.

Looking at your video. You won't fail on the boot. It opens...

As for the bumper, it would fail because of the sharp edges. How to solve it I would do a temporary fix with duct tape. Or find a replacement bumper.

I thought I may fail on structual failings due to the inside being jutted in.

But I didn't think It'd fail on that!!! Would duct tape really stop it failing?

Hehe thanks Jay101 for the help :)
I'll get on it.

I really like my Micra, but I wish it had the older K11 grill as aposed to the newer "we love chrome" grill :p

IMAG0051.jpg

Back