Anybody tinted their reverse lights?

Elliot

Ex. Club Member
Hi,

I want to tint my reverse lights on my K10 in orange to match with the rest of the indicator (Like the March).

I have seen the odd car on here before where they have done this.

My question is, what colour tinting spray did you use? I have looked for some, and they only sell red and 2 other colours. Would the red work if used lightly?

If not, does anybody know a website which sells the orange one? :)

Thanks,
-Elliot

so what are you actually going to do about the reverse light? relocate it to the bumper like the march st?

5.jpg

Hi Jim,

Maybe yes. It isn't a legal requirement to have reverse lights on an MOT, so it depends how I think.

I just need to find a place that sells orange tinting spray. :)

-Elliot

i wanted to do this mate but couldnt find amber tint spray for love nor money if you find some let me know ive already got the reverse light in my bumper from a march :D

you'd be surprised! I've rewired the back of my micra (1990) to take the march lights. I know of one scrapped here in the west of Ireland, but I've taken the lights!!! check out the look of the back of my car. the link to the pics is in the "automatics" thread. and the pic is on page2 of the site. Hope it'll be of some help?

cant find any pics mate?? btw if you come accross anymore march lights let me know i found some once but they were to badly damaged to get :(. you can get me on [email protected] feel free to add me to your msn :D

I'm planning on tinting my rear lights black. Got hold of some bright LED replacment bulbs for the rear lights. Should look pretty cool when its done..

Heres what they look like red if anyones interested.. I did manage to use the red spray to get them vaguely the same colour as the indicators, but dont have any pictures.. It looked a bit off anyway, preferred them red. Also tried redding the whole cluster, but then it failed its MOT...

haha I like the way you say "were".

and I don't need an eye test - I can distinguish perfectly between the red of the brake lights and the pink of the reverse lights ;)

i did this to mine once did look cool
ive got an idea for making the rear clusters looking 80's style will post pics soon as the weathers nice and warm for painting :D no ones done it yet :D

Back