TV Antenna Booster Help!

Cheef

Buy & Sell Member
As above guys and gals, Ive not got a decent signal in my room for my tv and digital box, due to a low low signal. Now I know there is a few electrical whiz's on here besides me who can tell/help me build a signal booster!!!

I will appreciate diagrams, component lists and any general help.

Cheers. CHEEF o_O

i deff agree with arnold, rather going to the trouble of designing one, then buying all the parts it would be far chearper to buy one ready made

as far as i know, which is basically what my old man told me, signal boosters don't give you better reception, they just amplify the signal so that you can attach more tv's without degradation in the original signal. That makes sense to me... If you want better reception -> get better reception.... either with a better aerial or a better placed aerial. Unless of course, you believe in magic.

^ Bingo.

Maybe consider looking around for a second hand sat dish, and getting a freesat box if you have trouble getting freeview. I'm hoping though, that when they go completely digital, they'll boost the signal up.

i think flogging a dead horse is what your doin,unfortunatly digital will happen,

which will be good aslong as we dont end up wid useless shopping channels and other crappy channels that have nothing on apart from stupid shows about #### all

not that i want to rant or anything,but hu wants to watch card making channels???

Well, we go completely digital here on the 6th of may.

Luckily we have sky digital, because we get shocking digital TV reception. Hence my suggest to freesat. Pointing something into the sky gets better results then having to point it through hills and trees and buildings.

as far as i know, which is basically what my old man told me, signal boosters don't give you better reception, they just amplify the signal so that you can attach more tv's without degradation in the original signal. That makes sense to me... If you want better reception -> get better reception.... either with a better aerial or a better placed aerial. Unless of course, you believe in magic.

Its what I thought, until we went to my uncles caravan. Without the signal booster on and the airel plugged into the TV reception is terrible... With it all hooked up, its great..

my nan has problems with digital as it keeps cutting out around 6 in the evening and wont come back on until she wakes up ,it happens everyday too

Got mine sorted! bought a 24.99 digi box from aldi. works pretty good and nice clean picture. Its the size of a turbo timer!!

Thanks for the suggestions fellas. ;)

Better placed aerial is always better, however signal boosters CAN work fine if its a case of the signal being too weak rather than the signal containing too much noise. Quite often I have found they can work fine.

Back