k11 1996 - low beam light not working

CMF_Micrak111996

» CMF Member
Hi All

- high beam front light works fine -blue light on the dash board- ( uses the same bulb as the low beam light : dH4 - 55/60W)
- the front fog light works fine - 12v5w bulb -
-PROBLEM: 2 low beam front lights do not works at all ( the passenger one failed first, then some days after the 2nd one failed ..at time it was intermittent for the passenger low beam, then permanent )

- NOT a fuse issue ( there are basically 2 * 15 A fuses, 1 for the low beam and one for the high beam and both are in good condition)
- NOT a bulb issue: changed them both -dH4 - 55/60W-
- Root cause is with the voltage / electrical: as using a multi meter I have some power from the high beam fuse socket but NOTHING from the low beam fuse socket.
- also used the multi meter on the bulb sockets, and have no Voltage when in dipped headlight position..while getting 30ish reading in high beam position..

so this is a trickier issue than just changing a bulb or a fuse..the wiring must be damaged somewhere...but i have no idea where to look at .

besides i do not have haynes book for the electrical ( was out of the library and halfords do not sell it any more)

searching on the forum, someone gave a link to an Italian manual...but the link did not work any more...any one has an English manual with the electrical diagram? preferably a soft copy?

I am really stuck and will appreciate some help...
in advance, many thanks!!!!

Back