turbo'd micra milage

CMF_jamm'n

» CMF Member
anyone with a turbo'd micra.
can we please have some milages from you guys.

one of the best things about a really quick (turob'd) micra is, well that it'll kick a bigger cars 'BUT', but also the main thing to my mind is that it'll do it with ALOT less fuel. so i'd love to know what sort of fuel you guys are using to waste those big cars.

cisco

» CMF Member
7.2L/100Km between Canberra and Sydney on Hume Highway. Mostly cruising with some light boosting here and then. Haven't measured city yet, but I used up almost $30 worth today just boosting around for a few hours this afternoon. That was pretty lead footed though, got up to 140kmh at one point out on the Federal Highway.

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
around 7.5-8lt/100km...i have to use 98 octane though so its about 10c on average

you need a good tune though, my previous tune wasnt very good down low and i was getting about 9-10lt/100km

that said if i fang the crap out of it..which i havent really done ont he new tune..it used to go up to about 12lt/100km..so it can use as much as a bigger car..heh

but now even on an average tank with moderate boosting around i still get at least 400km to a tank...

on a side note it cost me $56 to fill up the micra the other day @ 154c/lt

i remember on my mums old slx back in the day it never cost more than 30 bucks.

CMF_jamm'n

» CMF Member
cool, thanx guys.

My car is going in for computer (haltech e6x) at the end of august in prep for turbo.

I would like to turbo the original motor, that is the one thats in the car, and then when the other motor is all ready, drop it in.

I have that spare JAP spec motor and intend on flowing the head, possibly cams and if the budget alows, forged internals.

(Mods to the spare jap motor are subject to change without prior notice:p) its just a dream i hope to make a reality ;-D

Matty

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Saw something interesting the other day.... an elderly man filling up his 10 litre drums because the fuel was down to $114.9. The bowser was reading 12 litres per drum, so we can say that we arent getting what we used to as far as klms/litre, but we ARE getting ripped at the bowser by inaccurate fuel measurers.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Micragirl is pretty much spot on.

My dad works (well until Wednesday anyway) for a company that calibrates petrol pump meters among other things. The legal limit for discrepancies is around 0.2% bowser flow to meter reading, however most pumps are around 1.2% which is quite a bit if you add it all up...

So just remember, instead of putting $20 in and expecting to get $20 worth of petrol, its not going to happen. Put in $20.02...

Sean

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
micragirl WROTE:

"Saw something interesting the other day.... an elderly man filling up his 10 litre drums because the fuel was down to $114.9. The bowser was reading 12 litres per drum, so we can say that we arent getting what we used to as far as klms/litre, but we ARE getting ripped at the bowser by inaccurate fuel measurers.

I've always been suspect of this sort of thing. I think I have found a BP local to me which does this. I'm wondering if I should bother reporting them.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
And another thing.What happens to fuel with temp.variations?? I know tanks are buried underground so temp of fuel should be constant. Hotter it gets the more it expands so maybe on a very hot day you are getting less and on a cold day more?
Long time ago read an article about a jet fighter in America that was fueled from an above ground tank on a very cold morning. It crashed on takeoff because it was overweight.
Make sense?

Back