Turbo workshops in VIC?

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on places to help me out with my turbo build. This is for the main stuff like building the exhaust mani, intake piping and any other basic fabricating that might need to be done. I remember reading that reverb was built at EFI dynamics. For builds i've heard they're pretty good but to go elsewhere for tuning.

Either way the buildup is likely to be expensive, but i'm just hoping to find a place that can do a good job that won't cost the earth.

Any suggestions? :)

---dens

CMF_flameboy

» CMF Member
PRO-TEK in preston. talk to dominic. say to him that you know me. they did good custom manifold fabrication, they did 11sec vtir intergras and the white sub10sec supra last year. they are good at tuning microtech and motech. do mostly nissan cars

Nizpro: expensive but good workmanship. http://www.nizpro.com.au/services_main.html

chasers: they're good for tuning motech, emanage, SAFC, but i dunno about manifold fabrication.

try and get a steam pipe manifold, should never crack, if you have to get anything else, make sure its thick, and well braced, otherwise it will always crack. make sure you get a flex somewhere underneath the engine to.... its great to say 'ol mate has 11sec integra's and he tuned it etc.. but what kind of test and reliability is open throttle for 11seconds?, not saying they don't know what there doing, but go to a place were the same cars arent always in the workshop. btw.. motech is actually motec :)

CMF_flameboy

» CMF Member
turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:

"try and get a steam pipe manifold, should never crack, if you have to get anything else, make sure its thick, and well braced, otherwise it will always crack. make sure you get a flex somewhere underneath the engine to.... its great to say 'ol mate has 11sec integra's and he tuned it etc.. but what kind of test and reliability is open throttle for 11seconds?, not saying they don't know what there doing, but go to a place were the same cars arent always in the workshop. btw.. motech is actually motec :)

sorry about the mispelled.. my bad :) please dont sue me for that...

its true what you are saying, turbo. i agree. but i personally think protek has good reputation here. :) at least in melbourne.

CMF_flameboy

» CMF Member
oh dens, i ask my mate, he told be that used to work at MD... and he give me this link... this fittings called butt weld i think? it has angled end so its easier to weld... i dunno much but this is what my mate use... this might help... http://www.matthewdavis.com.au/downloads/Buttweld_Data_Sheet.pdf
i think this pipe are thick and strong enough to use for turbo manifold piping...

for the oil lines and water lines, you can order industrial grade hose or even braided and get the fittings made up from PIRTEK in springvale. they will give you abit of discount if you know someone from workshop to order them for you. i custom made my braided hose for my mazda3 and bought all the hose and fittings for my oil cooler from PIRTEK. i think they use the same hoses for their ford rally car. should be good quality i guess.
http://www.pirtek.com.au/

i called hurricane and they have the exhaust manifold flange for around $50 i think... they got few left the last time i called. i havent asked how much shipping but shouldnt cost more than $10

for the turbo flange, maybe you can contact nelson from Racing Projects. (03) 9874 0066. he have laser cutting tools. last time he charged me $40 for cutting shape of 8mm steel plate... i used it to make custom brackets but should be able to make flange too...

good luck buddy... let me know how it goes... :)

Back