Turbo Oil Restrictor

baguete

Site Supporter
It is needed to use an oil restrictor? I noticed that the turbo oil return dropped so much oil, the turbo needs that much oil? And the other engine parts still get good oil pressure?

what turbo we are talking about??
the usual turbo's have restrictor inside them
and you dont need to have one in the oil hoose..
there is no problem with other engine parts...
the only thing is that you have to put more oil inside the engine..
In the oil change you put oil...then start the engine to work about 30-40 seconds then stop the engine
wait about 1 minute and check the oil level...then put the more oil that gonna need..

PS:the correct oil change happens only when the engine has allready its working temperature(the water thermostat is opened and the coolant fans has allready worked at least once)...dont do an oil change with the engine in cold condition

what turbo we are talking about??
the usual turbo's have restrictor inside them
and you dont need to have one in the oil hoose..
there is no problem with other engine parts...
the only thing is that you have to put more oil inside the engine..
In the oil change you put oil...then start the engine to work about 30-40 seconds then stop the engine
wait about 1 minute and check the oil level...then put the more oil that gonna need..

PS:the correct oil change happens only when the engine has allready its working temperature(the water thermostat is opened and the coolant fans has allready worked at least once)...dont do an oil change with the engine in cold condition

Its an IHI RHB5, only oil lubed/cooled, dont have water cooling.

So, the cams and chain tensioners have plenty of oil anyway, right?

I always thought that the restrictors were for ball baring turbos?

Maybe they are, but as i dont know for sure, i asked... :laugh:

Back