Turbo + Manifold Fitted - nothing else

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Im abit confused as im being getting told different things.

Is it possible to fit the manifold and turbo to the engine (with the oil feed and return) and still run the car?

Is it safe to do so? What effects will it have?

I got told i'd still need to connect the air filter to the Turbo? As it'd just be spinning

If i've gotta run low boost,then i've gotta have everything else connected. And if i've gotta do that then i may aswell wait till everything is here and get it done in one go.

You can. But it's not advisable. If I were you I would get all necessary parts and when you have, take a weekend fitting them then get it mapped straight away.

If you were gonna got manifold and turbo then disconnect the actuator and it won't make boost.

Better than under fueling mate
You could just wire the waste gate open,
Not running the turbo will lose power due to the turbo back pressure in the exhaust

Yeah very true,i just dont wanna run it with the gear on and something happens. But i'd need to have it in for when i drive down to Fusion. I've asked Ed how much it'll cost to have everything fitted by him. Its either that,or some how get it trailered/recovered to Fusion with it all fitted

Yeah very true,i just dont wanna run it with the gear on and something happens. But i'd need to have it in for when i drive down to Fusion. I've asked Ed how much it'll cost to have everything fitted by him. Its either that,or some how get it trailered/recovered to Fusion with it all fitted

Providing you keep the revs low it should be fine anyway

Just wait till you have everything. you don't waste time do you it's only been a week or two since you decided :p

he,s trying to avoid unnecessary cost i guess, i would fit what you can hooded, nurse it down there on low boost, then get ed to fit the bigger injectors

Back