Fitted Manifold....

Stani1029

Club Member
hello there, ive now fitted my manifold and de-cat and it makes this extremely loud noise now tht im sure its not meant to?? i think i was meant to put on a seal before the manifold is bolted on but the previous one was wrecked??

can anybody help :down:

i think i was meant to put on a seal before the manifold is bolted on but the previous one was wrecked??

to me that sounds as if you haven't put a manifold gasket on and its blowing between the manifold and the cylinder head

easy fix is - get a new exhaust manifold gasket and fit it

there's supposed to be a manifold gasket between the manifold and head, you put a new one in didn't you ?

nope i didnt, im really dumb not that i knew it had to be replaced

do i have to buy this online or can i purchase it from nissan??

dont go to nissan it will cost you the price of a new car!! lol just go to a local motor factors they will get you one cheaper or look at the link swiper gave you..

Lol, We've all done it... I done it on the backbox, dident realise they have a rubber ring already...lol

Mine was the oposite to you though, lol...

i think my cars falling to bits, its actually ennoying me all the noises its making :doh: if it makes it through this then ill be amazed, then im going to strip the back out as i cant be bothered with it anymore

i think my cars falling to bits, its actually ennoying me all the noises its making :doh: if it makes it through this then ill be amazed, then im going to strip the back out as i cant be bothered with it anymore

:s... Losing love for the Micra?

:s... Losing love for the Micra?

i really dont know, its constantly had problems recently and its getting to me :down: like i say wen i get the manifold gasket and the rattling noises all sorted then i will probably still rip out the back seats and that and sheet it with sumthing :glance:

how much would a manifold gasket cost???

Back