Turbo Costs

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Hi Guys

Anyone know how much a T2 turbo would cost from new? i've seen one going for about £430, but just wondering if this is cheap/expensive etc. I already have the HKS manifold to fit one :)

Ta

dunno.. mine cost me £90.......

but i will have your manifold off ya...lol

ill give ya £300 tomorrow..!!

Alan, lol!

Mine's for the K11 engine Darren as im doing a conversion! but no, that manifold isnt going anywhere!. Where did you get the turbo from, and is it new?

Alan, for that price if its new its a very good price. You really wont get much cheaper for a new unit possibly anywhere.

Ed

That doesn't sound right... you can pay up to £700 for those!
Nice find, go for it! :D

hughes_16v said:
does it have to be new? if not im sure theres probably someone breaking a R5 turbo on a renualt site somewhere i guess

Its just relibility. Im spending quite a bit on this conversion, i dont want some crappy cheap second hand part failing on me! If a job's worth doing, its not worth bodging!

I spoke to DME Motorsport earlier, they said for a Garrett T25 £150 working, good condition 2nd hand or between £485 and £500 for a new Garett T25

Quite a gap in price. Whats the difference between the T2 and T25. Would they both work on the HKS manifold i have? I take it ones designed for a higher BHP system than the other.

It depends on how much power you want to run to be honest. If you're going for 200hp get the t2 if you're going for closer to the 250 mark maybe get the t25.
I'm pretty sure the t2 will take 250hp though, Ed?
You're right about getting a new one. I bought a second hand td04 for an mi16v and when i stated it; 2mins later the fins hit the turbo and all hell broke loose!

£430 would be money well spend imho; is it warrentied?

-Jamie

JamieGti said:
It depends on how much power you want to run to be honest. If you're going for 200hp get the t2 if you're going for closer to the 250 mark maybe get the t25.
I'm pretty sure the t2 will take 250hp though, Ed?
You're right about getting a new one. I bought a second hand td04 for an mi16v and when i stated it; 2mins later the fins hit the turbo and all hell broke loose!

£430 would be money well spend imho; is it warrentied?

-Jamie

Lol, 250 in a K10 - it'l fold up! but i need to discuss my options with Ed.

A standard T2 would not last long even at 160bhp. - that would be pushing it. 360 deg bearings and it will be much more happy but then at those poweres your better of looking at a T25 anyway...

Ed said:
A standard T2 would not last long even at 160bhp. - that would be pushing it. 360 deg bearings and it will be much more happy but then at those poweres your better of looking at a T25 anyway...

Sorry 2 steal the thread

So presuming at this a T2 would suit better at a 1L aiming for 130-150 BHP? SOmething i'm looking at 4 the future :D

Bk 2 thread.

Best of luck with this, would love to see the CG13DET in a K10!!!! When u get this done man I am coming straight round, don't care about the 2 hour odd drive there!! I'd pay 2 see this!!!!

Ed said:

Ok Cheers Ed

Ive seen a recon T25 for £200 squid so im very tempted with that, and Ollie, your more than welcome to check it out! Just leave the dress at home ;)

Arnold said:
Ok Cheers Ed

Ive seen a recon T25 for £200 squid so im very tempted with that, and Ollie, your more than welcome to check it out! Just leave the dress at home ;)

The EX has taken it back!!! Look enough with the dress jokes, It was a one off!!! God damn it!!!

Back