Tuning my Micra.

CMF_Pikey365

» CMF Member
I have just bought a 1.3 GX 1997 Micra with 15,000 miles on the clock. The car is standard up until the weekend. I am ordering new lowering springs from Mathew Humphris (Top bloke) and a front upper strut brace. I have some 14" alloys 2nd hand coming with 185/60 x 14 tyres next week. I was warned by Gwyndaf Evans (Rally driver) not to thrash the car as it needs building up quietly. I want to use the standard air box with a panel filter from Green Cotton. I want to keep the car N/A as I use it everyday for work. I would like to fit a 4 branch manifold and comp exhaust and Janspeed seems to be the quietest one around, any suggestions on any more improvements? I want too keep the car looking as standard as possible from the outside.

CMF_Pikey365

» CMF Member
hi frank

I don't want to strp it yet but bigger injectors are a possible idea. What size do you recomend. Also what this about clamping your fuel return pipe to increase the pressure? does that work instead of fitting a adjustable pressure valve?

Pikey

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
pikey

i,ve got primera (black ones) in mine, the cc,s (size) is in a recent thread on here iirc
clamping the return pipe is a bit crude, squashing the top of the stock prv is an option (took mine from 35psi to 50psi, but the fuelpump fuse got a bit warm tho)

frank

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
yeah... ive been doing a bit of looking around and an adjustable fuel valve isnt actualy too expensive... around 160 AUD.. the problem or cost with that is having to tune the car afterwards... although it may end up being just as much cos you will have to tune it if you crimp the stock valve anyway....

be keen to follow this to see what the story is cos i want to know myself.. looking at a nismo adjustable valve off ebay....

tris

Back