Trottle Body Compatability

Further to my previous post I have the chance of a throttle body off of a 52 plate micra 998cc.

I have spoken to Nissan who say the throttle body on my X reg Sept 2000 has a throttle body that was only on Micras between July 2000 and Dec 2000 they are not sure if it is compatible (might be that they are trying to get me to have a new one at £493.00 + VAT)

Does anyone know if it would be compatible? Would it be worth a punt at under £100.00?

Oops! Sorry THROTTLE body

£493..hahahahahahaha

i work at Andrew Page.. a motor factors that supply these parts to the dealer.

a throttle body from a nissan micra is only arround £75 at trade..... maybe £90 on the counter.

if you have a nissan / bosch number on your old one. we can match it up and supply either a Bosch replacement, or even an OE nissan one.

dont ever buy stuff from the dealer!!

Thanks Antony for your response I was becoming a bit despondent.
Anyway the Bosch number as far as I can see is 0 280 750 051
I'd be pleased to know what you can find out or if anyone else can help

go into your local UKPA agent (united kingdom parts alliance) 118-118 and ask for one....

just give them that number and most of the time we would have it on the shelf...

all boshc numbers start 0280.......then we take the last 6 digits to determain the type of product and the fitment.

but trust me. they are available.

unfortunately du to the trade nature of my job. i cannot give prices out on here. they are all priced on an individual basis.

sorry

Thanks for your help Antony I will give it a try.

But does anyone know if the one of the 52 plate would be compatible and worth a go?

Logically I would say it would work, the post 2000 K11 all used the bosch electronics.

I cant see them changing the throttle body design too much (if at all, probably just different internals).

If it were me, I would give it a shot, worse case scenario is that you have to sell it on, you may lose a few quid, but I reckon it's worth the gamble. It's a lot better than the £500+VAT that nissan want!!!

Just picked up an e-mail and can have off of 52 plate micra the throttle body, drivers pre tensioner seat belt and all the mats for £75+ vat. All parts have been through a run and test dept and are fit for sale.

Seems like a bargain so i'm going for it

Hopefully it will be O.K. and I will have a go at doing it myself.

Will keep you posted.

Back