Fitting a k11 throttle body........... help please

hi guys,

i have to change a throttle body on a k11 98 998cc micra, never done that before,

ANY TIPS......... AND DO'S AND DON'TS??

thanks

Just pulled mine last night.. pretty straightforward...
1. Remove the airbox. One bolt to the right(near where the intake connects to it) holds it to the engine and one underneath that you loosen from the left side holds it to the top of the TB. You have to rock it a bit while pulling straight up. Then disconnect it from the engine breather hose. You may have a vaccum line under yours, so check that before you pull it off.
2. Undo all the connectors(3) from the TB. I found it was also helpful to pull the injector wires and lay the entire thing to the side(not strictly nessecary). You can undo the small clip by using small needle nose pliers, or a screwdriver to press it to one side while pulling up.
3. Disconnect the throttle cable. Loosen the nut on the cable adjustment(the thing with two nuts on either side of a metal plate) then remove the cable from the throttle cam(comes out just the same as a bike brake cable)
4. Undo the vaccum hose from the back of the TB
5. Undo the coolant lines(2) by gripping the clip with pliers and moving it a few cm. Gently twist the hoses until they are loose, then pull them off with a pulling and rwisting motion. You need something to plug the lines, or drain the coolant first.
6. 4 Allen bolts hold the TB to the Intake manifold. Remove them and pull up on the TB.

This is basically taken directly from the Haynes manual.

Good luck

-Jeremy

Mine's only £35/mo.. but that's here in norway, through my bank, for a 28 year old, and with 13 years driving, and no incidents/tickets for 5 years.. should post your question in general chat... Good job with the TB btw

Back