Throttle Body

Anyone got any good contacts in the Poole Dorset area for supply and fit or just fit throttle body housing including resetting the engine management warning light needs to be cheap but reliable.

This is for a 1.0L X Reg Sept 2000

I have been driving it disconnected for a while as the emissions checked out O.K.and was told that it shouldn't do any harm.

I'd be grateful for any helpful advice.

Frank, the 2000 X Reg will be the Coil Pack throttle body.

I believe the re-solder job does not work on this version of the throttle body.

ollie

your a man of knowledge :wow:

Only through what I have learnt from here from other peoples expertise.

If it is a problem with the throttle body, I think you will require a replacement throttle body, either from nissan, or try another one from a scrap yard.

Regarding the engine management light, only Nissan or someone with a Nissan CONSULT cable will be able to help you. It may be possible to reset the ECU by leaving the battery unplugged for 24 hours (cant guarantee that though)

i have a freshly reconditioned (IN NISSAN !!!!)throttle body off a 1998 micra (pre-facelift)

any use to you ?

going cheap !

I would need someoneto fit it not too confident in doing that if Ican find someone how much do you want for it.

I'm going to the local scrappies tomorrow to see if they have one.

Being a 2000, I presume this car is a facelift (PHASE II) K11 (coil pack engine). With a different throttle body.

The throttle body of your 98 K11 is different and I don't think it would work. I am pretty certain you will require a TB from a 2000-2002 Coil Pack engine.

replacing the throttle body on the earlier K11 is very simple. Requires Alan key, I used Alan key on a ratchet, and pair of pliers. Undo the 4 bolts using the alan key to undo the throttle body, then there will be 3 water hoses holding the TB on (may be better to remove them first). Throttle cable is clipped on to the TB and easily removed. There are also 3 plugs which need to be un done.

Very easy to do yourself mate, if you can get your hands on a suitable TB

Back