Trip to scrap yard !!

g2oo8

Club Member (Trial)
Hello been down to scrap yard today just for a look for a few things....
1st thing a saw was a spoiler, just like a lip one.. But which is the easiest way to remove it ???
2nd thing a saw was a almera air filter, is this just a straight swap with the standard micra one ??? Would i get much of a gain with this ???

I didnt ask about the filter, but he said £20 for the spoiler, i could knock him down abit though lol
also saw a micra march cabriolet, just thought a would mention it lmao

cheers

lip spoiler should have to 14iirc bolts inside the boot lid...(you need deep sockets tho) then it should just pull off (has sealent on aswell) just be careful not to crack the spoiler like i did!

air box is a straight swap, as for gains iam not sure as ive never done the almera air box (keep saying i will) but apprently it should give you some power gains...

air box is a straight swap, as for gains iam not sure as ive never done the almera air box (keep saying i will) but apprently it should give you some power gains...

yeh, only slight mods needed, shorten the cold air pipe a bit, and twist the metal bracket a bit.
they sound nice if you remove the baffle thingy from the lid :)

gav did you go to peterlee one mate he is asking over 2 k for the cabbie but needs a lot of work done to her or i would get it my self

i a had a quick look at it looked ok m8, had mold all over the seats and that and smelt funny lmao... you thinking of getting it kenny ??

it need a full roof mate and the full interior stripped out and a full respray did you not see the N.U.F.C on the bonnet and the keyed bits all the way around

aww right, a didnt take much notice tbh.. sounds like would need alot of money spent onit then lol

haha 2 grand. you should tell them what you paid for your cab with fairly sound paint work and roof!

yea from the sound of it, that is 3k worth of work just to bring it up to the spec of my car,

BUT it would be perfect for spares, what with them being rare as hell!

does anyone have any contact details for this scrap yard? maybe i can talk some sense into this guy... the car is NOT worth that, and its worth less the more he leaves it there,

if you manage to get it...(shouting out to anyone lol) i want the mirror balnking plates ;)

if you want i can take the ones off mine and get you the part codes, you can run down to nissan and see if they can actually do something

if you want i can take the ones off mine and get you the part codes, you can run down to nissan and see if they can actually do something

ive already got the part number..just aint had time to go into nissan (been about a year lol) just thought i could get them cheaper through the club second hand. :)

hey thanks guys i will check out this car :D :D

ive already got the part number..just aint had time to go into nissan (been about a year lol) just thought i could get them cheaper through the club second hand. :)

fair doos, you can always cut up some old wing mirrors ;)

it has came down in price as the last time i was up there he was asking for 2200 for it how much do you think i should offer him

thats what i was thinking like 500 as the roof needs to be re made as its been slashed all over all of the seats and stuff need taking out and tidying up needs a good clean as well then it needs all the scratches repaired then tax and mot done as well any one else how much should i offer him and then my 1.4 will be up for sale

it really is not a good price for it, that car is worth 900 at the very most, the parts are next to impossible to get so you have to work with what you have and/or try and get uk parts to fit, which isn't as easy as it sounds, even the gear stick gator is slightly different in size.

the hood will be difficult too, there is a guy on ebay who does new hoods for £1000 not fittted. i am trying to find a better price and not having any luck really.

with these cars you really need to take care of them, once you stop then they die. i am pretty sure that the mechanics for the roof and windows will probably be damaged on this due to weather, the roofs leak badly as it is, if you don't have a cover or a garage they won't survive the winter.

the intereior trim is offically impossible to get according to nissan so it would be a full retrim to get rid of the damp smell (belive me airing it out doesn't work) a retrim would be maybe £1000 if you had it done properly, which is worth doing or it will just rip later on.

so that is £2900 to fix the car up plus any MOT issues, tax, its stupid high import insurance and you got a car ready to go. but thats if you can get this ass hole down to 900,

i sent him this:

"Hi, i see you have a March cabriolet for sale, I currently own one of these cars and it is a great little car, but getting spares for it is hard. i have already been told by a friend who came to visit you, that you are not interested in breaking the car. what is the lowest price you would take for this car? i paid £1000 for mine and it had a brand new roof and manual gearbox. i am told by my friend that this one looks like it needs a new hood and a respray as well as the interior treating beacuse of weather damage,

thanks"

and his ONLY reply was this:

"1100"

no, "hi" or "thanks for your interest" etc just rude. and £1100, if you look hard enough you can get working ones for that (tip: google "March Cabriolet" see if you can find a silver one for £1000) so he is being a ****

i know that car is not worth it because my perfectly good car didn't sell twice on ebay at its price of £1000 no reserve, nobody on ebay thought it was worth it, except me... and my one works and doesn't have holes in the roof...

yea thats al they said to me as well mate 1100 so never mind eh and i can vouch for this it is in a bad state water damage inside needs a full respray and a full new roof as well as tax and mot i have been to see about it before

yea thats al they said to me as well mate 1100 so never mind eh and i can vouch for this it is in a bad state water damage inside needs a full respray and a full new roof as well as tax and mot i have been to see about it before

that sux, it annoys me because no one will buy the car at that price even tho the Al is sure they will, so it is just going to rot until it is worth nothing... even tho it would be worth something to me as parts.

If only you and me could save up between us and get it as a parts car :down:
I doubt I'll be able to muster up £550 smackeroons after my impending Cabriolet purchase... plus tax... plus immobiliser... plus petrol money to get it back up here... :doh:

If only you and me could save up between us and get it as a parts car :down:
I doubt I'll be able to muster up £550 smackeroons after my impending Cabriolet purchase... plus tax... plus immobiliser... plus petrol money to get it back up here... :doh:

well first of all we wouldn't have to do it right now, just when something goes wrong, and we don't have to worry about the car going anywhere, its been there for years.

i say £500 each, when we need it, go up there and drag it back, chuck it some where out of the way and strip it :D

Sounds like a plan to me!! :grinning:
He's such a loser, no-one is going to want that Cabriolet in it's current state - It's just Knackered! Breaking it seems the only logical solution!!

Back