Transformed steelies

Robb

Site Supporter
Whilst browsing the micra.com.au club a few weeks back (or more) i came across a blog of a slammed dark green prefacelift with some very smart wheels indeed (if anyone else has seen it dont hesitate to post a link on this thread lol), they were steelies with a proper chrome lip and it looked so good i decided to copy it! :wasntme:

I have to say i am quite pleased with the results! Sprayed them black last week and masked off the rim at the weekend and sprayed it with plastikote chrome effect metallic paint. Much better than i was expecting lol. Not bad for just over ten quids worth of paint dont you think? :grinning:

steelycar.jpg

Im pretty sure it gets more heads turning, which i find quite amuzing as they are the original wheels lol. So long as nobody thinks they are worth something and nicks them!

Oh and i will put this in my blog eventually lol. Well busy lately.

thats actually very cool :D steelies are awesome, and when they look bling like that it makes them even more awesome :D well done :D

could you put up a guide on that?

Yes i'll put a guide up soon. Its funny now i notice more and more bad boy racers with the real things (i.e. black alloys with polished lips) on their civics etc.

steelywheel.jpg

This pic dont do it much justice they are nice and dark, will take more pics soon.

Also chuffed as the two back tyres have slows and were flat when i got them out the shed, nearly a week on and they hardly needed topping up! :D

wow! they actually look awsome! i was thinking of using chrome effect paint on my dishs on my brock alloys a while back, but wasnt to sure as it mightve looked tackey! but they have turnned out excellent!

top job! (Y)

They look great! Thinking of doing that myself, 13" alloys seem like gold dust!

Just out of curiosity, what paint did you use?

painting my steelies black was the first thing I did to my car.I now have metalic red D1 Spec wheel nuts to set of the sleeper look ! LOL

looks awesome Robb - kudos!.

i'd love to get a set of 14" steel wheels from the scrappys and send them off to the guys at wide-wheels, a set of 7 or 8in wide steelies would make my day!.

also thought about taking a flapwheel to the rim of my current steelies, woud look lovely and shiney for a month or two before going rusty - but i could live with ferrous orange lip'd rims lol

you know what would be awesome?

get some of those nissan centre caps, sand off the nissan logo and spray them chrome :D retro look

Hehe cheers all, i keep thinking why dont all steelies look like this?! :love:

I was contemplating looking for some 13" steelies to do this (i might still do that when the tyres wear down on these, be a bit more nippy too as these 14s are suprisingly heavier).

Could you only get those centre caps for 13"s Nex? Cos that sounds like a plan grr

nice one.look good with the black inside and silver on the outer rim. some centre caps will finish it off.

Some of the golf boys run this sort of thing. They would look mint if you had the rims properly banded to a 7J or something deep dish and fat arches lol!

That is a great idea, I remember seeing an Astra about 15 year ago with the same sort of idea with standard steelies, I might actually do the same, anybody want some 15" Alloys? lol

Hehe cheers all, i keep thinking why dont all steelies look like this?! :love:

I was contemplating looking for some 13" steelies to do this (i might still do that when the tyres wear down on these, be a bit more nippy too as these 14s are suprisingly heavier).

Could you only get those centre caps for 13"s Nex? Cos that sounds like a plan grr

i think they were 14s no sure but i have mountains of them :D cos i was gonna chrome them, but never thought of doing the rim too :D

i was originally gonna band some steelies for mine...but in my opinion they are to expensive to get done (properly).

Looks quite cool that Robb...but then ive always liked black steelies :)

Yeah i wouldnt want to bother with 15s hence thinking of doing this to some 13s, should still look good if i can get 175/60 tyres on 13s like my sr alloys have. be a whole 1cm wider than the rubber on these 14" steelies, just looks nicer.

Back