Banded steelies....

Kamarley

If it aint Jap its Crap!
Im looking into getting a set of stock steelies banded how wide should i go? just wondering as i dont want them to look ridiculous but i was good handling and for it to look SICK!

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Just head over to retro rides. Pretty much every dubber over there has banded steels, you should get an idea of what you would like.

You need to decide on width like you said and also offset.

It's all down to personal preference but you should aim for something that will fit under the arches with tyeres.

Hoopdubs recently had some banded steels made, I think it was a 2" band which bought the rim a little past the arch with a little bit of dish.

Or you can have a 3.5-4" band with a very low offset and forever have trouble fouling the arches and tyres rubbing :rolleyes:

skymera

Brutal Honesty
what is offset?
wheel_offset101new.jpg

The position of the wheel centre relative to the width of the wheel

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
7x14 front ET20 7.5x14 rear ET13 Should sit nice, backspace is unchanged from standard, so 2" band in the front pair 2.5" in the rear pair

20120918_174724.jpg

20120918_174423.jpg

OP
OP
Kamarley

Kamarley

If it aint Jap its Crap!
offset zero? negative will be too deep i think....? and what steelies fit on the k11? i think its 4x100 pcd?...

OP
OP
Kamarley

Kamarley

If it aint Jap its Crap!
would you advise me to order my corsa b coilovers when i send the steels off?.... plus i dont have a clue how to fit the coilovers!!!! :D

PCD? :p

Achwell, might just get the stockones banded, dont want any poke from rims just sitting flush with the tyres and a bit of a dish :p

The stud pattern, micra is 4x100 but the wheel you linked is 4x108
I was looking at getting some steels from a Peugeot, but they're 4x108 too :(

yeah not fun, tried looking for 13" alloys but for some reason the 13" is more expensive than a 15" set... i dont get it haha

Cheers Hoopdub... I read ur Blog with much enthusiasm only to find you sold out :/ ...... Poor you :p .. Im going with the 14's on mine I think they look like the standard 13's to the uneducated eye.. ;) ....Subtle differences are my aim...