Towing/Moving

Batch

Ex. Club Member
Hi all,

Just been searching around for a car moval company in the midlands and the prices are ridiculous, i remember ed rented a Navara and a trailer and wondered if anyone knew where and how much he got them for/from.

Or any other means of transporting a car, company, friends etc etc

Not really a runner, could be made so but it would involve major b*ll ache work to be done so i need to move a non runner.

Any ideas anyone?

i rented a trailer for about £50 a while ago from a local company, to save costs i browed a very tiered 1.6 Mundano estate from a family friend, top speed with trailler and car on the back: 55 :D

if the car is yours,and its road legal, and if your a member of the AA or know someone that is,,,your sorted mate

claim its broken down on your way home

if its a scrapper,,look in local papers for adds,auto trader have some hire cars in too iirc

Mat if you were driving that you were breaking the law. If you passed your test after X month 1997 you need to pass an additional test to carry over X weight. All this is on the MSC if you search for it.

Ed

Also it cost me i think around £300 to move the ST. Hire + fuel + charged extra mileage.

use the AA/RAC!! they take you home :D if you havent already got cover join up for 80 quid iirc

Ed: no i wasn't driving it with the trailer got a mate to do it for me who passed his test long before 97, was already aware of the laws. I won't have liked to drive it anyway having never towed anything before, especially not with a car on the back.

Good man! lol we can tow light trailers but its safe to assume anything that can carry a car will have a MAM that will immediatly exceed a basic licence.

licenses are stupid. I havea license that allows me to drive a 20 ton coach carrying 70 people with a trailor on the back, yet im not allowed to drive a 7.5 ton lorry!!!

and if you were to do your class two, iirc, you still couldn't drive a vehicle with a MAM of 3.5 to 7.5 pmsl...

well, actually i could. becuase if you get a cat C license you automatically get a C1. Because when i got my D, i automatically got a D1

Back