K10 1.2 GSX Auto *G Reg Only 44K* Spares or Repairs

stokiesi

Buy & Sell Member
Greetings all,

I have only had the car for 6 months but unfortunately it failed its MOT yesterday and I can't afford / be arsed to get it fixed so hopefully it may be of interest to one of you?

It failed mainly due to corrosion on both sills and needs a front brake pipe. The only major rust on the body work is on the drivers door in the pic.

It was owned by an old dear for 16 of its 18 years from new, she had it serviced at the dealer every year etc... And it has taken me to and from work quite happily through the winter months. I have all the paper work - even the original invoice from 1990! I really hope someone will buy it get the welding sorted as it is an excellent runner and has been cherished, rather than scrapping it.

As you can see from the pics it is in great condition. It has had seat covers on for 17.5 years and the upholstery is still like new. The radio works as do all the electrics, lights, cigarette lighter, electric back wiper, heater, manual sunroof etc...

All tyres are good. I had two Michelin energies on when I had it, they have about 7mm and the fronts about 5mm. The spare is also legal. I also had some new Bosch wipers fitted front and rear a few months ago.

It's worth whatever people are prepared to pay...make me an offer...If anyone is interested please register your interest on the thread. As the MOT is up on 11/04/2008 and the tax 30/04/2008 I would like it sorted one way or another by next weekend. I will use it for work this week and then take it off the road. The current mileage of 48119 will be maybe 100 more at most.

I'm based in the Lightwood area of Stoke-on-Trent (Postcode ST3) and the buyer would need to collect and I would require cash or a cleared Paypal payment and preferably a Paypal deposit.

Any ?'s, other info, other pics, anything! I'm happy to help. Come on give the old girl a new home!

Thanks for reading,

Cheers,
Si.

Attachments

• DSC_0587.jpg
    DSC_0587.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 224
  • DSC_0588.jpg
    DSC_0588.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 236
  • DSC_0589.jpg
    DSC_0589.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC_0590.jpg
    DSC_0590.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 226
  • DSC_0591.jpg
    DSC_0591.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 236
  • DSC_0592.jpg
    DSC_0592.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 231
  • DSC_0593.jpg
    DSC_0593.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 211
  • DSC_0594.jpg
    DSC_0594.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 223
  • DSC_0595.jpg
    DSC_0595.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 226
  • DSC_0596.jpg
    DSC_0596.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 224
I want it

hey dude, I want this car, what would you take for it? can I get 1st dibs please, I can pay you a deposit straight away!

Hi Normski, if you would like to make me an offer please PM me. I obviously want to recoup as much as I can but to the same token I don't want to take the p*ss and play people off against each other for the sake of an extra few quid.

I have an idea of what I will get scrapping and have an offer from the kind man who failed the MOT (which makes me wonder if the welding probs are as bad as he is making out???) as he has an enthusiast mate who will use it for spares as apparently there are a lot of good bits on the car.

My plan is to keep the thread open until Weds/Thurs and take a view then depending on the interest or lack of and if possible get someone to collect at the weekend or the week after.

At the moment my friend you are in pole position! BTW are you OK getting to Stoke from Suffolk as you aren't exactly close?

Cheers,
Si.

Normski, you have pm too!

Please note:
The subject has the wrong mileage, it should say 48K not 44K :glance:
Appologies for any inconvenience caused.

Provisionally Sold To Normski

I will advise if the sale does not happen for whatever reason.

Thanks everyone for their interest.

Si.

Normski, you have pm

If anyone else is interested please register interest on the thread / pm me, as unfortunately I have not heard from Normski for the last 48hrs. Are you still alive mate?

If there is no interest by early Saturday the car will have to be scrapped :down: which is a real shame as I would have thought that one of you enthuasiasts could use some of the bits for your motors?

Que Cera!
Si.

Hi Scott,

I may do but would much prefer to get rid of the car in one hit as I have got too much going on at the moment. If you would like to pm an offer please do so, and if I don't get any firm offers I will give it serious consideration.

Are you able to collect it from Stoke if we did a deal?

Cheers,
Si.

its normski here

hey dude, tryed calling your mobile but could not contact you - I still want the car but unfortunately my boss has failed to give me the £220 remainder of my wages (due last friday) which I was relying on to complete this deal - tbh all I was intrested in was the interior, if you do split the car I will give you a £100 for the entire entirior and you could sell the engine to the other fellow and still make a nice profit - get back to me soon - cheers

Hi Normski, my mobile has been on pretty much all week so I don't know what happened there? I am waiting for Superls to get back to me - if there is nothing doing we may be able to do a deal.

richj - I could probably do you the instrument pannel for around £150 and you can have the rest of the car for free if you are interested :grinning:

Right then it looks like it's breaking for the old girl.

Normski -
I will accept your £100 for the bits you mentioned in your sms.

One potentially big issue is the engine - are you able to remove it as I certainly am not.

What sort of time scale are we talking and are you really able to get it back to Suffolk?

How critical is the parcel shelf as Littlewood has asked so nicely?

richj -
You can have the dials if you would like to make me an offer? If you are near to Stoke you can collect and remove them yourself if you like ?

welsh_micra / anyone else -
If you are able to collect the engine if it's out of the car or remove it from the car yourself it's yours for £90.

Cheers,
Si.

regards to interior

hello, Im still very intrested in the interior, can you remove it all yourself? and Im not too fussed about the parcel shelf as long as I can have everything else I mentioned, just to let you know again: I'll need front and rear seats, carpets, all plastic coverings, doorcards, and the dashboard. when their ready to go I can arrange for a courier to get them from you to me. all these things theoretically should be easy to remove and any infomation you need on removing them can be found on various threads on the MSC web-site. hope to hear from you soon - cheers

all these things theoretically should be easy to remove

Mate I am an *geek* accountant and 'do' calculators, tax returns, spreadsheets etc... not car breaking! However I think I can get my hands on a Haynes manual to give myself half a clue and I'm sure I can figure the rest out.

However, before I potentially waste my time I would require a paypal deposit of say £20 to confirm this is a serious offer before Sunday PM and I will crack on with it. If you cannot commit to this its not worth my while to be honest.

As I work during the day your courier would need to be able to collect in the evening after 6 or on a Saturday...Is this possible???

Please let me know one way or the other.

Thanks,
Si.

Could you flog me the parcel shelf thankyoupleesh.
:)

Yes mate (Y) . There is one on ebay Item number: 380013598741 in similar condition to mine for £15 + £7.99 p&p.

You can have mine for £10 if you want to collect it from Stoke? or £18 if you want it posting. I will not make any £ out of the p&p so if it can go via Royal Mail for less than £8 postage I will refund you the difference.

Let me know if this is any good? I can post it on Monday.

Cheers,
Si.

Yes mate (Y) . There is one on ebay Item number: 380013598741 in similar condition to mine for £15 + £7.99 p&p.

You can have mine for £10 if you want to collect it from Stoke? or £18 if you want it posting. I will not make any £ out of the p&p so if it can go via Royal Mail for less than £8 postage I will refund you the difference.

Let me know if this is any good? I can post it on Monday.

Cheers,
Si.

Poyfect :).

[email protected] ... You wanna send me a paypal invoice? For it posted dude please :).

Muchos gracias ! :).

The Car Is Now Scrap Metal. Admin Please Close This Thread.

Littlewood - I sent you a paypal invoice as you requested a few days ago but have not received anything? Do you still want it? If you do please advise before Weds morning or the bin-man gets it! :doh:

Normski - It was too much hassle, sorry mate.

All the best guys happy motoring!

(Y)

Back