TOST - The Official Spam Thread

R-REG-SR said:
why do it for free you could get paid for that work

You're blowing this out of proportion and make it sound as if I do this all the time.

It's been parked up uninsured for 2 months taking up space, they've had enough time to sort it out.

It's not fair them being allowed to keep their car uninsured. If it was mine, it'd be reported in a heart beat.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

*Facepalm* not what i said...
I know jen you ain't like that. But really when you look at it is implied. Its a shame that most nasty people are claimers. But not all of them. The way you structure your statement can be straight line pointed towards the stereotype so it is very understandable. So no face palming. We all need to be able to analyse what we say.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Wonder if we can get groved and vented for the micra. I was under impression is causes issues regardless of counter sunk. But I would with all honesty buy countersunk for the toy car. Helps you stop. So its a win

This should help...

Grooved discs.
1. grooves clean the pad surface and increase the brake faces (the leading edges of the grooves) so in theory the more grooves the more faces.
2. grooved discs can be used with any pad material as the disc is more durable than a drilled version.
3. discs life is longer than a drilled equivalent.
Disadvantages. Disc is heavier than a drilled equivalent.

Drilled discs.
1. Lighter weight than a grooved equivalent.
2. Good brake bite due to:
A - forcing pad material into the holes
B - increased braking surface (many leading edges in theory) 3. allowing gases formed during the braking cycle to escape from the disc braking face.

Disadvantages. Discs can be prone to cracking unless care taken when bedding in.The use of hard race pads (high friction level) can cause cracking giving the disc a limited life. You will find today that most forms of car motor sport will use grooved discs.

Just to add my two penneths worth, i had drilled and grooved discs on my old Sierra Cossie, and they were great..... in the dry, bring on the rain and they were terrible when hot, ie on the track or spirited driving, what seemed to happen was i would get really good initial bite, but some heat and puddles/standing water later and the pads seemed to "float" on the disc, a few people i spoke to at the time said that it was poss down to water sitting in the holes and when the disc got hot the water turned to steam causing the pads to have the floating feeling. Try chucking some water on your electric hob, you will see what i mean. Anyhow, i changed to 16 grove tarox discs and they were the dogs in any condition.

You're blowing this out of proportion and make it sound as if I do this all the time.

It's been parked up uninsured for 2 months taking up space, they've had enough time to sort it out.

It's not fair them being allowed to keep their car uninsured. If it was mine, it'd be reported in a heart beat.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

i never heard so much crap in my life, so im a go delete it :) yeh sorry fella didnt know you had it like that

Any one got advice for fixing rust bubbles on my roof? Metal is thin so I don't want to go thru with a grinder

I had grooved and dimpled EBC on the 160SR and they were ace. Extra confidence in the wet as well because water and steam are dispelled from the surface via thje grooves :). Bloomin' expensive though...

Just seen my first K12 March, in an icky beige-y green-y cream-y colour, pretty low, but also pretty dirty.

I saw one about a month ago, got all excited pointing and giggling the missus didn't have a clue what I was on about

This one tried to cut me up coming off a slip road. Apparently I had a bit more go in my Sport+ but it was pretty cool :)

I love you too Chris :p
actually saw somthing that made me think of you today ^_^
...Walking down a random street in Southsea and there, in my perifiral vision, is a Jensen Intercepter (Phwoar)...and then i realise...this guy doesn't have just one...he's got 2! LOL

ETA: I know, I know...pictures or it didn't happen right? :D

DSC00290.jpg

I love you too Chris :p
actually saw somthing that made me think of you today ^_^
...Walking down a random street in Southsea and there, in my perifiral vision, is a Jensen Intercepter (Phwoar)...and then i realise...this guy doesn't have just one...he's got 2! LOL

ETA: I know, I know...pictures or it didn't happen right? :D

DSC00290.jpg
Me?

Loooool see that's where it should be ey? I do like Sarnies I fancy one now.

Thought I'd throw this out there, I know Guy and Hoodedreaper are budding photographers but have we got anyone else on the forum handy with a camera? I've just started getting back into it after a bit of a long hiatus (expensive camera purchase turned out to be the push I needed!) but you can find some of my stuff at http://flickr.com/photos/jackpierce

Thought I'd throw this out there, I know Guy and Hoodedreaper are budding photographers but have we got anyone else on the forum handy with a camera? I've just started getting back into it after a bit of a long hiatus (expensive camera purchase turned out to be the push I needed!) but you can find some of my stuff at http://flickr.com/photos/jackpierce

I love photography...Been a looooong time since i've just gone out with my camera though :(
...and my camera just doesn't seem to cut the mustard so well any more (it's about 5 or 6 years old now)
Got a Canon SX10is, 10MP, 20x op zoom.... as I can't really afford an SLR <_<
...although I have been looking into the lumix G or sony NEX set ups, but...still haven't found something that does everything i want RAW/Hi MP/Wide range of lenses/adjustable multi-angle screen ^_^

Good place for lovely shots?...the Isle of Skye <3
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z110/Sai_art/Cam/Skye268.jpg

got some nice ones a few years back more locally at Hill Head...
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z110/Sai_art/Cam/DSCF0854.jpg

If i remember correctly...none of these have been shopped either...was so lucky with the light that day at the beach down the road LOL

ETA: by the way Tchaaa love your photographs...such lovely compositions, great uses of tone and light, Love it...wish i was that good LOL
;)

I love photography...Been a looooong time since i've just gone out with my camera though :(
...and my camera just doesn't seem to cut the mustard so well any more (it's about 5 or 6 years old now)
Got a Canon SX10is, 10MP, 20x op zoom.... as I can't really afford an SLR <_<
...although I have been looking into the lumix G or sony NEX set ups, but...still haven't found something that does everything i want RAW/Hi MP/Wide range of lenses/adjustable multi-angle screen ^_^

Good place for lovely shots?...the Isle of Skye <3
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z110/Sai_art/Cam/Skye268.jpg

got some nice ones a few years back more locally at Hill Head...
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z110/Sai_art/Cam/DSCF0854.jpg

If i remember correctly...none of these have been shopped either...was so lucky with the light that day at the beach down the road LOL

ETA: by the way Tchaaa love your photographs...such lovely compositions, great uses of tone and light, Love it...wish i was that good LOL
;)

I've just bought a Fuji X100 as a more portable alternative to my tank of a DSLR, and it's a big learning curve but it's brill :) Love the photos btw!

Thanks :p I think those were actually taken with my old Fuji 5700 :p (7mp)
Fuji's are really user friendly i find
...actually, I looked into getting the Fuji HS30...but the manual 30 times zoom had varying reviews on release and at over £400 at the time...I opted to stick with the canon I had. that cost me £300 new i think ^_^ thinking i should dust that bad boy off :p

ETA: tongue poking over use or what? LOL

An I right in thinking that the 1.0 gearbox from 98-2000 is the same size as the 1.3's but with the earlier 1.0 gear ratios

Rung Motorpseed again and guess what they said? "it'll be sent out today or tomorrow"

Weird, they said that Thursday, again Friday and now today. :rolleyes:

Back