TOST - The Official Spam Thread

Aye I didn't forget either. Has a subaru in with a poorly engine. So had to do that. Waa good to have a play with such an engine being as I'm gonna be using one

Anyway... it'll be tomorrow now. Sorry folks

You don't need massive power to drift. You can drift standard power 5's. :)

'Sent from my bed using paper planes'

They're alot lighter though :p

You can drift anything RWD, just some would be alot easier too keep a consistent slide than others :) (says the guy here that's never drifted a car in his life) at least I think so! haha :')

They're alot lighter though :p

You can drift anything RWD, just some would be alot easier too keep a consistent slide than others :) (says the guy here that's never drifted a car in his life) at least I think so! haha :')
I'm only going by what my grandad told me, who's done a few drift days.

Yeah, the more power just means it easier to spin the wheels, so it'd be easier to keep up a consistent slide, yes.
I need to learn to drift.

After I learn to drive.

And pay for insurance.

Damn.

I'm only going by what my grandad told me, who's done a few drift days.

Yeah, the more power just means it easier to spin the wheels, so it'd be easier to keep up a consistent slide, yes.
I need to learn to drift.

After I learn to drive.

And pay for insurance.

Damn.

Badass grandad :p

That 'says the guy that's never drifted before' part in my last post was aimed at myself not you , incase it was misunderstood :p

Tel me about it dude!

Had a look at insurance quotes for a BMW 316 saloon and it cost 80 quid a month fully comp..

This getting into drifting thing seems a bit more possible than it did before :p

316? Good luck trying to drift. That thing wont even pull the skin off a rice pudding.

a 325 or 328 is needed to get proper skids.

A 318is with 140HP was just about enough in the soaking wet but you'd need to rag the tits off the thing in 2nd and if you changed to third it stopped spinning up..

316? Good luck trying to drift. That thing wont even pull the skin off a rice pudding.

a 325 or 328 is needed to get proper skids.

A 318is with 140HP was just about enough in the soaking wet but you'd need to rag the tits off the thing in 2nd and if you changed to third it stopped spinning up..

Bit of a typo there, it was a 318 not a 316 I checked mate :)

Had a rummage on Driftworks and the 318 are supposedly good to get things kicked off and for the price of both the car and insurance, they're a good shout

Was looking at 1.8 mx5 but insurance is too much to be able to run both a skid car and the micra

Bit of a typo there, it was a 318 not a 316 I checked mate :)

Had a rummage on Driftworks and the 318 are supposedly good to get things kicked off and for the price of both the car and insurance, they're a good shout

Was looking at 1.8 mx5 but insurance is too much to be able to run both a skid car and the micra

I say go for it! Cheap skids ftw!

I say go for it! Cheap skids ftw!

Ill definitely be doing it!

Just a matter of finding one relatively close to me and cheap, the exact one I had quoted was £300 for the car and got all excited when I saw insurance and realised it was in Bristol :( 6 hour trip there and back and that would be just to view it essentially haha

In my experience of sliding... the gear determines the length and the rpm determines the angle... I am in no way a drifter though. Sliding comes as part of the day job :p
More wheelspin is less traction. Less traction means harder to hold a slide.
Believe it or not there's alot of grip in a drift car :)

In my experience of sliding... the gear determines the length and the rpm determines the angle... I am in no way a drifter though. Sliding comes as part of the day job :p
More wheelspin is less traction. Less traction means harder to hold a slide.
Believe it or not there's alot of grip in a drift car :)

no grip = no control

Back