K10 Project

propus

Ex. Club Member
Hi Everyone,

Its been a few years since I was last active on this site! Life in general has been pretty busy meaning I ain't had time to wash the cars never mind work on them. I've come to the decision that I just simply don't have the free time to work on the Micra myself especially given the fact it would take my unskilled hands twice as long as someone who knows what they are doing :)

Anyways I have been emailing Ed regarding doing some work to my K10 Micra. I intend on swapping out the MA10 engine (27k miles) so that will be up for grabs along with some other bits I'm sure.

I'm looking for a transport company to take my K10 down to Ed's place, but quotes appear to be on the high side. Maybe I should just strap the Micra to a pallet and get it down on the back of a trunker lorry, lol. Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced company?

I also need to source a donor car and have that transported so the good bits can be stripped out :D

I'm doing the research, pricing and sourcing now as I plan to book the Micra in during June/July. Sounds like a long way away, but having been waiting 3 years to start modding the Micra it isn't really that far away!!

Cheers All

Propus

I am in Scotland. Plans are to have Ed carry out the work since I'm just not going to have the chance. Primera 1.6 engine into the K10 with whatever else is required to make it run right. Gearbox from a 1.3 k11. Turbo and maybe some nitro later on. I'm expecting the clutch to be a bit of a problem! :)

Trim will stay standard, standard looking wheels but better Tyres for grip. Lowered a bit for better handling. Street sleeper is the way I'm going.

Ed has been great with some info so far in getting me looking in the right direction for donors etc.

I'm keeping the Micra until it is run into the ground so want to have this all done right by someone who know what they are doing. Any left over parts I would like to deal with Ed for breaking or sell onto members at a friendly price.

Cheers,

Nah, I couldn't sell the wee Micra. I've become attached to it. I've had it five years and want to keep the same one. It is a good idea though.

Well my plans didnt go as I had initially thought.

Firstly apologies to Ed for wasting his time. I did find a suitable donor, I did have all the cash saved and i had sorted out some transportation for shift the Micra down to Ed's place. Before I could call Ed to discus booking the Micra in I had an overseas job offer out of the blue which I accepted.

I had a friend who was down on luck and needed a car so he could spend time with his kids and get round town. So I MOT'd the Micra and sold her for £250 with 27,000 miles on the clock, a few months tax and recent service... Oh and an ashtray full of parking change :) She's gone to a good home and I'm glad someone is getting good use out of her.

It'll no doubt be another year or so until I'm back on the forum again, but I do still plan on completing my project.

Cheers for all the good info folks and take it easy!

Back