To Throttle Or Not To Throttle

well i have been told it will fit in nicely just there is one bolt i have to sand down a bit for it to fully fit in and thats it, and what do you mean "foul the fuel rail"?

i was on one of the other Micra forums and there was a blog in there about this and the person said that about it fitting and when you did this did you do anything else to support it or just put it in?

the idle valve on the front, the t/b is from a GA15, so the fuel rail and injector plugs are closer on a CG
oh so does this mean i have to get new hoses or what ever connects to them smaller to make it fit?

and nobody has answered the question on if i can get it to fit will it be fine or do i need other things to strengthen or anything or will the engine be strong enough to cope?

:p i know you had one just didnt know if you did anything else but its good i dont have to do anything yet and how hard is the re-routing?

did you search? cause im pretty certain that the info is here (my old blog for a start)

re-routing is easy enough if you use common sense

i tried but i couldnt get the answers i wanted but then i got onto this then started asking follow up questions, im sorry im annoying any of you lot by asking questions that may have been asked and answered already, and Karlj do you have the link to your old blog so i could have a look?

PBobby said:
i tried but i couldnt get the answers i wanted but then i got onto this then started asking follow up questions, im sorry im annoying any of you lot by asking questions that may have been asked and answered already, and Karlj do you have the link to your old blog so i could have a look?

Sorry no haven't got a link at the moment, I'm on my phone but when I had a look it would seem the pictures have gone, if I remember I can get some pics at the weekend of how it goes together

If I'm honest though I wouldn't waste you're money, you're not going to see any gains on a stock 1.0 and if you really need a bigger throttle body then get a ga14/16 one it'll be a hell of a lot cheaper than importing the ga15 one

well Karlj chris says he has one that he is willing to send me and that, and its not that i need a bigger throttle body its just i would love to get quite a bit of gain, im slowly going through things on i can replace to make me get more gain but which throttle body would be better for more gain?

Just chucking on a larger throttle body isn't going to give you much in the way of noticeable gains you have to add the supporting mods, fueling, air and exhaust

okay, so air would be bigger throttle body and the cold air induction, exhaust self explanitary with a full new system from mani to backbox, but fueling? what would i need for that?

suggest a nistune ecu daughterboard and then remap to suit ur setup. whilst mapping, if it appears the injector duty cycle is maxing out, you then consider upgrading the injector/fuel system

suggest a nistune ecu daughterboard and then remap to suit ur setup. whilst mapping, if it appears the injector duty cycle is maxing out, you then consider upgrading the injector/fuel system
I guess his brain melted after reading that. o_O

actually my brain didnt melt :) i understood it all, and okaay so iv been working this out hopefully next weekend im getting a custom made exhaust system and then il get new injectors and possibly cams then throttle body so the when i do go for the ecu remap and programming it will work better with what i put on there than trying to overwork the stock parts...right?

actually my brain didnt melt :) i understood it all, and okaay so iv been working this out hopefully next weekend im getting a custom made exhaust system and then il get new injectors and possibly cams then throttle body so the when i do go for the ecu remap and programming it will work better with what i put on there than trying to overwork the stock parts...right?
well I am glad yours didnt :D mine gone...way gone

;D haha well a guy came to work he helped me explain things a car engine is like a human body each part of the engine represents different parts of the human form there for if you keep your engine healthy then you can have a good engind and you will understand the engine once you understand a humans bodyand how things work

;D haha well a guy came to work he helped me explain things a car engine is like a human body each part of the engine represents different parts of the human form there for if you keep your engine healthy then you can have a good engind and you will understand the engine once you understand a humans bodyand how things work
Best way of learning that way, getting someone to explain it in the form of another subject.

Back