Throttle body??

hi guys and gals

need to no what type of throttle body is best for my k11.
Currently running a 1l 16 valve (must remain) wid 1300 cams fuel rail injectors and manifolds not sure if they make any difference...would the 1300 throttle body on its own have any increase in power or wud i need the ecu also???
iv d rev limiter gone and the limp mode gone off the ecu... need a lil more quick...

thanks

I'm going to upgrade my throttle body today. It's either that or dinner with the family. So, i'm about to head to the breakers and need same help as Sean 43.

My questions are:- Which is: 1- Better, and 2- Easier to find?

I've read a few blogs, Machi's for instance...but i'm still none the wiser as to the work involved. Key issue being the sensors.

Also:- What way does the MAF/IACV/TPS work when switching over to any of the bigger throttle bodies?

Last but not least:- I'm guessing wikipedia is correct in supplying me a list of donor vehicles? Any of these will do? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_SR_engine and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_GA_engine

Hoping for some prompt replies before i get roped into peeling potatoes. :(

So basically the same way i did it in my bike throttle body conversion?

Just situate it in the inlet tract somewhere downsteam? I'm reading Machi's blog where you guys are talking about the TPS's being different, or rather the shaft being different?

How do i overcome this?

Also - What's the deal with the NATS or something meaning it doesn't work? Surely i've picked that up wrong...

the top half of the CG t/b is 60mm ish, so if you cut that off and mount it upstream

PA210209.JPG

of a 60mm SR t/b (using the SR T/P/S)

67520.jpg

hi guys and gals

need to no what type of throttle body is best for my k11.
Currently running a 1l 16 valve (must remain) wid 1300 cams fuel rail injectors and manifolds not sure if they make any difference...would the 1300 throttle body on its own have any increase in power or wud i need the ecu also???
iv d rev limiter gone and the limp mode gone off the ecu... need a lil more quick...

thanks
Hi sean :) clean out the throttlebody and grind down the float a small bit , it makes a big difference :) where abouts in Ireland are ya from?

Back