To all my k11 friends

Kamarley

If it aint Jap its Crap!
Hopefully I am planning to upgrade to a 200sx ended next year would you say this is a good idea??? If my savings work out the way I'm planning project micra will be past to my girlfriend (meaning I can still mod it and drive it) but I will be running the beast :p just worried about insurance for 2L turbo at 21 :/

I think the insurance on a 200sx at 21 may be quite high, i've tried it a few times too :p I tried a few sites, and actually compared the comparison sites (I was very bored) and found that go compare give the highest prices, followed by compare the market and the cheapest every time was confused.com

i got a quote of around 2200 tpft on a 1.8 turbo 200sx with a yearss no claims, IF i put my mam on a second driver other wise i would be paying stupid money, and im only 20 in june

My micra cost me 800 quid fully comp im 25 and have been driving less than a year i got a quote on a skoda fabia vrs 1.9 td and it was 350 odd :/ worth a look mate

my micra costs 325 fully comp. im 26, driving 8 n half years and 4 years no claims. i changed insurance from my 1.3L Si to a 1.0L tempest and the price didnt change......... with admiral multicar.

Just paid for my missus for the year...fully comp £85.00. HA HA:) with the AA through go compare.
The downside to that is - she's nearly 70 - god bless.
Me I'm gone 60:( everything hurts (really) have not paid a full year for myself yet, only a part year after giving up my last jag. But then I was only paying £202 for fully comp, so I don't expect to pay much anyway - the joy's of being old - pass.
I had a 1.8 turbo in my youth, fastest I ever drove in a car was with that - 145 mph on the M4... felt like I was going to take off - never again. Please be careful if you get one....they're quick.

Hopefully I am planning to upgrade to a 200sx ended next year would you say this is a good idea??? If my savings work out the way I'm planning project micra will be past to my girlfriend (meaning I can still mod it and drive it) but I will be running the beast :p just worried about insurance for 2L turbo at 21 :/

It can be done but it's a massive step up in terms of money from a K11. First thing you do, before you even tell yourself 'when I'm 21 I'm gonna get me a 200sx' is ring your insurance and get quotes, unless you do that, you'll likely be disappointed when you're given astronomical prices...

When I turned 18 I bought an MX5 and even as a 1.6 N/A that thing ruined me financially!

There's looooaaaddsssss of 'I'm x age, can I afford x car' threads on the Driftworks forums. Especially from young lads at 16 who reckon that because they can afford £800 for an S13, they can afford to run it too! Take a peak on there as there's some helpful insurance stuff.

I'm looking for 1.4 fiesta between the k11 and 200sx (got a feeling the 200 will be my mod life crisis xD)

It can be done but it's a massive step up in terms of money from a K11. First thing you do, before you even tell yourself 'when I'm 21 I'm gonna get me a 200sx' is ring your insurance and get quotes, unless you do that, you'll likely be disappointed when you're given astronomical prices...

When I turned 18 I bought an MX5 and even as a 1.6 N/A that thing ruined me financially!

There's looooaaaddsssss of 'I'm x age, can I afford x car' threads on the Driftworks forums. Especially from young lads at 16 who reckon that because they can afford £800 for an S13, they can afford to run it too! Take a peak on there as there's some helpful insurance stuff.
You're bang on the money there Harlen, cars are easy to buy - tough to run. My first 6.0 ltre V12 jag cost a couple of thousand to buy - £85 to fill up (22 gallons) Put your foot down...4mpg !!!!...sensible driving...13 mpg. If your ever behind one (unlikely now) It says on the back...5.3 HE....the HE stands for higher economy - yeah!!!! yer havin a laff.
Some machine though...I used to just stare at the engine - awesome. The jaguar V8 engine is a pretty thing too, but now I love micra's - they're awesome as well, wish I bought one 10 years ago - never mind.

It's surprising what you can insure actually, I could cover a v8 jag fully comp for less (£300 less) than my first years cover on the micra and I'm only 21 and a years ncb. Bigger, faster car is possible but only the right one... If its a common lads car it'll have high insurance. If its a gents car, driven by responsible chaps, then insurance will be more reasonable. I'm looking at an old merc 2.3l saloon for a motorway runner if I get my new job!

It's surprising what you can insure actually, I could cover a v8 jag fully comp for less (£300 less) than my first years cover on the micra and I'm only 21 and a years ncb. Bigger, faster car is possible but only the right one... If its a common lads car it'll have high insurance. If its a gents car, driven by responsible chaps, then insurance will be more reasonable. I'm looking at an old merc 2.3l saloon for a motorway runner if I get my new job!

If the merc is the old c series - they're bullet proof. Thirsty because they're heavy.
The V8 3.2 jag will return 30 mpg driven sensibly (had one) Around town 15/17 tops. Put your foot down and they will hump like nothing - lovely engines. If you choose the jag... have a real good look at the rear subframe, and I mean a GOOD look. Happy motoring.

Not going for the jag, too thirsty/costly to fix, more of an "i wonder" quote. Merc is a 1989 model, looks sweet :)

Still, need to sort the new job before car plans proceed...

Only merc i'd ever buy -
mercedes-benz_190e-evo-ii-voor.jpg

Here's my first post, Hello to all you magic micra owners.
Mine is a 1.0S 2001
3door green
Fully comp insurance with 9 years no claims bonus, i'm paying £295... That's with Liverpool Victoria.

I'm looking to upgrade the wheels to sr / si alloys. Any thoughts people? Wheres the best place to look?
Many Thanks :)

Back