Timing chain has snapped!! what shall i do

hey, iv been having trouble getting my micra to start - the reason being the timing chain has broke, a big surprise to me and the RAC man. Now i have a micra and i dont know what to do with. I could scrap it but i woulnt get anything for it, and its not worth enough to find a new engine etc. could break some bits myself? its a '95 1.3 lx auto. what you reckon??

You could try fix the timing chain yourself if you feel brave. or just sells bits off its then scrap it i guess.

i doubt if you would get much back from breaking it, i would fit another head and (top ?) chain personally :)

i get what you say - but this was an inbetween car i only paid 300 for it and got a years worth out of it. i was only gonna get it going so i can MOT it and sell it on, not sure its worth geting a new head and chain plus the work envolved doing it.

i get what you say - but this was an inbetween car i only paid 300 for it and got a years worth out of it. i was only gonna get it going so i can MOT it and sell it on, not sure its worth geting a new head and chain plus the work envolved doing it.

1.0 engines are 10 a penny, so a head and chain could be had for about £30 (its up to you really), what area are you ?
(someone local might want it for spares maybe) :)

Back