throttle body lead

S

snarl6

Hello all i hope someone can help.. i was looking at my throttle body today with the intention of maybe re soldering it, according to cisco;s pdf. anyway my mate said why not just disconnect the lead to TB instead so we tryed this nothing much happened, except when i re connected it the car no longer starts at all???? help me missus went away for a couple of days and i said i would have it fixed when she got back,, now its more broke...

by the way its a 94 998, and i'm in Brizzle (bristol)

Is that a no then?? is it because i'm new.

That most certainly wont be the reason nobody has replied, thats probably because either the people that might know havent signed on yet, or, they dont know what the solution is. Your post was only put here yesterday.

Cheers
Arnold

It may be possible that the two leads on the throttle body have been put on the wrong way, which would cause the car to start incorrectly.

What exactly were the syptoms of the car?

What year is the car? If it's a post 2000 then the throttle body is different.

It may not be the throttle body, my car was running terribly, and i thought it was the throttle body, but it turned out to be NATS malfunctioning. The throttle body is not the cause of all problems, although they are pants!!!

The car is a '94, did the car start without the plug connected?
First hting to do is check the fuseboxes (both in the cabin and in the engine bay) I am 99% sure that you can't connect anything wrong, which plug did you disconnect?

I think the black and the brown plugs on the side of the throttle body are the same connector (if not then very similar) I may be mistaken on that though.

Hello yeah i only said that to get a response lol. the car started breifly without the lead then kappuut turns over but no start fuel getting through and sparks spark. i think it might be fuse blown , which one would it be??? i don't want to take them all out.. thanks

If there is fuel and a spark then it should at least stutter surely?
IIRC there is a fuse in the cabin for the ECU, but I haven't had a look at the fuses in a k11 for a while now

Do a fault code read out, by bridging the pins on the plug under by the fuse box see if you get any errors.

look under the bonnet at the fuses behind the nearside headlight.one of them is the fuse for the injection system it gets dirty and corroded make sure its clean & the wires to it are ok sometimes this fuse & the one for the left hand headlight overheat & start to melt
mick

Back