throttle bodies and injectors

hi there.
just wondering if i put ga16 throttle body and injectors on my cg13 what wud i need to run it? would my cg13 ecu run it or would i have to get a ga16 one?

Neither, a piggyback ideally, or a re-mapped oem.

You will gain nothing from using GA16 injectors, and the CG13 throttle body is good enough for 150bhp ish, before it becomes a restriction.

hi there.
just wondering if i put ga16 throttle body and injectors on my cg13 what wud i need to run it? would my cg13 ecu run it or would i have to get a ga16 one?

mine passed the emisson test ok last year (.003 CO) with a 1.6 t/b and injectors, but i think the a/f/r,s were way out at certain throttle openings (maybe a sard fuel reg would help ?)
and i think you would need cams etc to make full use of them :)

cheers mate.
well i have an air fuel guage and its reading really lean on idle so i thought i mite of sorted it out,
are the emanages any good?
thanks ash.

cheers mate.
well i have an air fuel guage and its reading really lean on idle so i thought i mite of sorted it out,
are the emanages any good?
thanks ash.

Do you have a wideband lambda sensor?

Your fuel pressure is also designed to drop on idle for economy and emission purposes.

im moving soon to somewhere with a garage so thinking of turboing it, any suggestions or tips you cud give me.

dont know about the wideband its the standard one. they go to closed loop when you boot it

The standard sensor is what is called a Narrowband sensor, which will NOT give you an accurate AF/R, you need to install a wideband one that can give an accurate reading.

An E-Manage would be adequate for a decent turbo conversion, for massive power, stand alone or a remapped OEM is the better option.

Do a search for a TechEdge 2J1, and also do some research about, open loop, closed loop, lamda sensors, MAF adn MAP sensors.

the K11 remains constantly in Closed Loop mode, the only way to get it out of closed loop mode is to disconnect the lambda sensor.

i though ed said that the map only extends to about 5k, then interpolates or just uses the previous values or something ?

i can,t see the point in having a fuelmap then, if its fulltime closed loop and its set so that the lambda will over-ride any fuel mappings anyway ? fwn

i recommend using the ga16 throttle body, injectors and ecu all together. works together perfect and i noticed the difference, i have a boost valve, a janspeed manifold/de-cat and backbox aswell

so im not getting an accurate reading because its a narrowbwnd lambda but it seems to do the job from starting the engine from cold and lightly pressing the throttle.
from starting it, it revs at about 1400rpm with a stoichiometric ratio and as the choke wears off and the revs drop to idle crawls into lean but as soon as i boot it, it flicks straight over to rich.
so does that mean it is closed loop on idle and light throttle and open when i boot it?

you,re getting an accurate reading, its just that the a/f/r,s are going off the scale of your narrowband lambda at various throttle openings (they,ll only read around 14.5:1 to 15:1aparently).
my readouts are similar to yours :)

A narrowband sensor reads around 14.7:1 the ecu looks for the signal to alternate between rich and lean around once per second I believe to indicate Stoich.

My car idles at 14.7 +-0.1 but that's without the narrowband signal connected, so it may be normal for the car to idle at a leaner mixture for both emissions and economy.

N/A cars produce maximum power around 13:1 usually, so this is why your car will go rich when you boot it.

The only thing you can really read with a narrowband is: Ok, Rich, Lean. It won't give you an accurate reading of what the mixture is.

Back