GA16 Injectors and Throttle Body

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Done a search and couldnt really find what i was looking for.

I've got a stock CG13 engine,would i see any improvements if i fitted a GA16 throttle body and injectors? Will i need to do any other engine work along side these?

I saw in one topic,about stalling problems,down to an adjustment screw? Is a throttle body with this adjustment screw easy to get hold of?

If it wont see me any improvement,i dont think i'll bother with fitting them (to put it bluntly)

you only lose the adjusting screw if you cut the whole idle control bit off like i did hooded, most members have simply unbolted the idle control valves and made a blanking cover to cover the holes
and its been posted that k11,s underfuel in the mid and high range (polly,s printouts ?) so you should see some gains, but i guess you would need some sort of extra control to refine the A/F/R,s tho

Ah right,well im over fuelling a lil bit now anyway,due to no Lambda sensor. Is this blanking plate easy to make? How would i go about refining the A/F/Rs?

Ah right,well im over fuelling a lil bit now anyway,due to no Lambda sensor. Is this blanking plate easy to make? How would i go about refining the A/F/Rs?

yeh, just a little metal cover with 4 holes hooded, (i think stani used a bit of carpet trim lol :wasntme:) and you would probably need a piggyback or remap (tho personally i would use a 1.6 ecu, t/b and injectors as a matched set)

Damn,thats where its gonna get complicated....cos ive got NATs :( I had endless trouble with the car starting/running awhile back,i refuse to go through that torture again! Looks like i'll be leaving this idea lol

Hi,
For my red rally car in my blog, I just swapped the 1.6 injectors for the standard ones, and it ran fine with no problems.
Peter

yeah i got 1.6 injectors in mine and it runs the same as before just a little lumpy starting for the first few seconds when cold

yeh, in closed loop it,ll be fine (mine recorded .003% CO emissions with 1.6 t/b and injectors) but no-one to my knowledge has checked the A/F/R,s in other driving conditions (ie, WOT etc)

yeh, in closed loop it,ll be fine (mine recorded .003% CO emissions with 1.6 t/b and injectors) but no-one to my knowledge has checked the A/F/R,s in other driving conditions (ie, WOT etc)

I tryed to map my Micra with GA16 stuff, and only at WOT i could get proper AFRs, at low RPM it was always rich.

mikey mentioned to me when he took his ga16 stuff off his car there was a noticeable change in performance.

Did it too, the GA stuff was really hard to tune, and now i feel more gains with stock TB and 1.6 injectors (NIStune mapped to suit these injectors)

fair play baguete :grinning: , but i think a 1.6 t/b is too big for a 1.0 personally

At WOT and high rpm it was ok, could feel some gains, but at low and mid rpm it was very strange, very rich.

But i will try a stock TB bored to 50mm (a friend can repair them, and he took it to a machine shop to bore it out and make a new butterfly), lets see how it goes...

But i will try a stock TB bored to 50mm (a friend can repair them, and he took it to a machine shop to bore it out and make a new butterfly), lets see how it goes...

sounds promising mate (Y) , i wonder if a GA butterfly will fit a bored out CG one ? i do prefer the removable MAF setup on the GA t/b tho, and i had genuine gains but thats probably down to the way the gas nozzle was obstructing the CG venturi

sounds promising mate (Y) , i wonder if a GA butterfly will fit a bored out CG one ? i do prefer the removable MAF setup on the GA t/b tho, and i had genuine gains but thats probably down to the way the gas nozzle was obstructing the CG venturi

I think that the GA butterfly fits a bored stock TB, but i prefer a new one, custom made, instead of adapting the GA butterfly.

So, you notice some gains on gas? And on petrol? I think no one else runs GA TB with gas, only petrol...

mikey mentioned to me when he took his ga16 stuff off his car there was a noticeable change in performance.

Definitely a difference! The acceleration felt "strangled" with the stock stuff on, there was much less response when you plant it...and a couple of of flat spots too :p

Definitely a difference! The acceleration felt "strangled" with the stock stuff on, there was much less response when you plant it...and a couple of of flat spots too :p

You got a decrease in performance with stock TB and injectors? Did you got a lumpy idle with GA stuff?

You got a decrease in performance with stock TB and injectors? Did you got a lumpy idle with GA stuff?

Yeah, i had (still have intermittantly) a slight stalling/lumpy idle issue when i first start the car from cold, so i switched to stock stuff to see if that helped...it didn't so i just live with the spluttery start on cold mornings eh :p

Yeah, i had (still have intermittantly) a slight stalling/lumpy idle issue when i first start the car from cold, so i switched to stock stuff to see if that helped...it didn't so i just live with the spluttery start on cold mornings eh :p

I got an increase in performance with GA TB but only at high rpm, at low rpm it was just going slowly through revs until 3.000rpm, and very rich mixtures. But i resolved the lumpy idle, it is AFR related, AFR's of 10,5-11. Changed the MAF voltage translation map to lower values at idle, and it idled perfectly. But when the throttle pedal was pressed, the AFR's would go off the roof, at 11... It would give so much hassle to change the entire MAF map so i put the stock TB back, no problems to map it just right.

im off scrapyard hunting at the weekend to try and get some ga injectors and other bits, My micra has nats and im gutted an almera one doesnt go on without hassle :( Is there anything else worth robbing from an almera while im there for performance gains etc? Does the bigger fuel pump fit etc? Pressure regulator?

Back