throttle bodied micra, in uk

It wasn't that difficult. The tricky part was fabricating a new bracket to hang the brake pedal from, you need to increase the pedal ratio when you do away with the servo, this meant moving the pedal pivot point. We modified the standard brake pedal to accept a balance bar (readily available from Rally Design etc) then it was just a matter of modifying the bulkhead to enable the fitting of the two cylinders.

Next time I'm at the car, I'll take some pictures if I remember. If you are mechanically adept, have a go, its really not that bad. The way we've done it, it can be returned to standard, should we need. We used the standard pedal box mounts to secure the new pedal box and extra holes needed in the bulkhead don't really interfere with whats already there.

Where abouts do you rally, we're southern tarmac, and have an entry at Longcross on the 20th, you're more than welcome to have a look if you're there. (Y)

Very sorry to hear of all your family woes, surely can't be an easy time for you.

If you do get out and about later in the year, we are hoping to do at least one of the two remaining Caerwent rallies this year, maybe see you there?

Wherebouts is Longcross, can't seem to find anything in google?

Longcross is where Ed is/was. Better known as the old Qinetic research site near Chobham.

Check out the aerial view on Multimap.

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?hloc=GB|longcross#t=l&map=51.38097,-0.5817|16|8&loc=GB:51.37743:-0.58934:14|longcross|Longcross,%20Chertsey,%20Surrey,%20England,%20KT16%200

If you do get out and about later in the year, we are hoping to do at least one of the two remaining Caerwent rallies this year, maybe see you there?

Caerwent is a definite possibility. I would also like to do Brawdy again - a good venue but not alot of stage miles. A bit far for you though - just before you fall off the end of Wales (Pembrokeshire) - Like Caerwent no spectators allowed.

Have you ever done Epynt? Not much further for you than Caerwent. (Between Brecon/Landovery/Builth Wells) I did it last year but couldn't get into it. About 20 years since I was there last and couldn't remember enough to be happy, and remembered to little to concentrate properly. You have to be confident of the notes to be quick there, and I hadn't used those ones before and my old ones were way out of date. Still one of the best venues in the country.

Also a great place to spectate, you can really see who is commited - and who should be :grinning: You get the odd Micra up there as well.

Hope we can meet up on an event. I would like to see what you have done. I like the idea of TB's but not confident of hooking it up to the fuel injection. (mine standard at the moment). I've wondered about megatune, but only seen one thread on it here and not sure of all it would involve, or how good it is. (maybe one for you Ed?)

Back