Thottle cable

butta

Kicked in the Member
my k11 was gettig jerky and slugish so i thought time for a service i did all the usual stuff and it made a little difference but not much next job i had was to raise the idle speed slightly cuz it was a bit low when i took off the air box i notced that the throttle cable had a fair bit of slack so i adjusted it and all i can say is wow it drives like a new car more power no more hesitation and it cost nothing i recomend you all check yours today im happy as a pig in poo!:grinning:

there should a be a little slack in the throttle cable. Adjusting idle RPM by the throttle cable is a bad idea. You have Idle adjustment screw for that

i adjusted the idle with the idle screw but the throttle cable was so slack i wasnt seeing full throttle at the throttle body hence a loss of preformance

a mate put his foot to the floor and i looked to see if the buterfly in the throttle body could move more. which it would so with the pedal still to the floor i adjusted it so when the pedal was on the stop so was the butterfly in the throttle body job done full pedal travel = full throttle at the throttle body and i only checked cuz when the pedel was up there was a lot of slack

if the butterfly doesnt open fully your not seeing full throttle! or more acuratly if the butterfly doesnt open to the stop

it hits the stop about 3 degrees from fully open

I'd recommend using Nissan Datscan to measure the throttle pot and see if you are getting 100% or not

easier to get someone to press the throttle pedal fully down and check if it his the stop by trying to move it by hand.

Back