boot & fuel realase cable proplem.

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
ive fitted a boot and fuel realease cable from a prefcaelift (as facelifts didnt come with them) its all fitted, it working fine bar the fuel cap. the boot opens when i pull it up, but when i push it down the fuel cap doesnt open!? been scratching my head about it all day, un bolting and making the cable slack, and tight with no luck (altough i could be doing it wrong :S)...

the only thing i can think of the the fuel realease trigger in the rear 1/4 that the cable clips onto. i can open the fuel door by opening the boot and pulling the spring back through the rear 1/4 by hand but not with the lever...

so narrowed it down to the reaslse trigger in the rear 1/4 on the fuel cap, or the cable tightness or slackness? iirc swiper had so trouble fitting his aswell. so one must have had this problem? anyone?

ive fitted a boot and fuel realease cable from a prefcaelift (as facelifts didnt come with them) its all fitted, it working fine bar the fuel cap. the boot opens when i pull it up, but when i push it down the fuel cap doesnt open!? been scratching my head about it all day, un bolting and making the cable slack, and tight with no luck (altough i could be doing it wrong :S)...

the only thing i can think of the the fuel realease trigger in the rear 1/4 that the cable clips onto. i can open the fuel door by opening the boot and pulling the spring back through the rear 1/4 by hand but not with the lever...

so narrowed it down to the reaslse trigger in the rear 1/4 on the fuel cap, or the cable tightness or slackness? iirc swiper had so trouble fitting his aswell. so one must have had this problem? anyone?

My 2002 facelift has the boot and fuel release on it with the lever you are refering to. I have broken the fuel bit also and I have to open the fuel door with the plastic spring once the boot is open. The cable is slack and it needs re-doing. I'm assuming this is what's wrong with yours.

squarepants get me a pic of the bit next to the fuel bit as i fitted one to mine and its spot on

i take it you put a new cable and all locks handles etc on then

took everything off, full cable, boot catch, everything! lol

i dont have a lock as mine is a lockless fuel door.

the only thing i can think of is the cable...it was working fine on the other car only part i didnt change was the fuel realsea mechinism (only becacuse there the same, and the other one is damaged) but my mech donest seem to wasnt to pull down :S. will try the cable tightening, or slacking whitch ever lol. how do i go about doing this? with end? boot or lever side?

get me a pic mate of how you have the cable attatched to the bracket as you mightnt have the cable put in correctly also have you changed the handle down by the drivers seat as well

yearh changed the lever, as the standard one was a only way only, this one is 2 way so goes down and up...will gte pics tomorrow mate :)

Back