this is why not to speed

The end bits with the weiner are funny - but that is a very hard hitting video. They should show it to teens in year 11, or college students, see if the young driver casulties don't fall!

Would be good if they had the balls to show it in this country and the bits at the end are spot on.

Can you find a anti drink driving one too?

The one where their souls leave the body, and the one that still remains because the seat belt restrains him. Christ that was cool.

we show videos like this in the brigade all the time as part of our "Learn and Live" campaign, a lot of it is very biased, they basically say "IF YOU SPEED YOU WILL DIE"... rubbish.

it sends out a message to speeders, it also sends out a message to stupid kids who walk into the road whilst paying all their attention to their stupid phones/iPods.

its not speeding that kills....... its incompetant drivers.

its lack of control of a vehicle that kills. speed has sod all to do with it.

this is not me being big headed or anything but in my first two years of driving i totaled 2 cars, and i wasnt speeding in either of them,
i lost control as i didnt know what to do in the situation. one on ice and the other on diesel oil.

in my micra i have done things that would have got me killed lots of times in my old cars. forgeting that theres a 90deg corner coming up and still doing over 90mph *silly* but i simply flicked it in and rode the brakes through the turn, drifting it sideways through the exit.

i watched police camera action the other day and surprise surprise no regard for speed bumps, traffic lights, roundabouts or thos silly strutted out concrete bits in the middle of the road. so a fat lot of good they do.

they need to teach people how to drive fast not just tell them they cant and be surprised that they crash all the time.

look at top gear with james may in finland. 3years of lessons on skid pans and drifting?????

nuff said

theres a guy up here that teaches you how to drive fast but safley on roads its like one of pass plus things and lowers youre insurance too, he takes you out in a seat ibiza cupra, he's just a yound guy and started it up when he crashed and killed his friend he got a big ban then wanted to teach people how to be safe, i read it in the paper months ago but see his car around ayr alot its a good idea i think

Good video and hard hitting but there are alot of other factors that go with speed....

Consentration
Judgment

alot of accidents happen because of lack of attention not allways down to speed.

What ever people's opinions are on that video, that has to be one of the most hard hitting video's I have ever seen. It touches on both speeding and concentration.

Really shocking in parts, in fact quite upset me and made me think of my loved ones. This should definitely be shown on UK TV especially at this time of year too.

I sat and began to watch it and instantly grabbed my attention, you almost want to pull away but continue to watch it, I suppose being involved in quite a bad crash myself brings back certain memories I'd rather forget.

This really should be shown in the UK.

Kev

Agree, the one that hit me hardest was probably the young innocent couple on the wall who were probably 17 - 20 years old.

I was picking my mum and dad up from Liverpool last night and the police where pulling everyone over asking thier name, age and if they had a drink tonight. Its what needs to be done unfortunatly.

-----------------------

Just taken another look at the video and the young school kids clip is a uk advert....ive never seen it broadcast in this country before has anyone else ?

its not speeding that kills....... its incompetant drivers.

its lack of control of a vehicle that kills. speed has sod all to do with it.

I agree with you on that, unfortunately were all human and therefore we all make mistakes. Making a mistake at a reduced speed reduces the amount of damage, also gives you time to make a correction.

that is some video that has hit me hard just goes to show what CAN happen . i don't drive fast but at that if i am in the car alone i will take the odd chance but that has just shook me up somethin rotten ... i know what its like to be in a bad crash and it aint funny put that video on every car forum in the world and on tv it will hit some people but not many that want to show off to their mates ..... drive fast and show off you must have a small wennie

That was pretty hard hitting.

I don't speed that much. I try and keep it a bit below 30 when I'm in residential zones, and slow down more when I see people with children and dogs. You just dunno what they're gonna do.

They definatly need to change the driving test in the country to show you what to do in a skid out, or how to regain control of a vehicle from many a situation, instead of just an emergency stop, which is basically letting ABS do all the work for you.

Ohh, and about the pedestrian ones. I think I remember reading somewhere that like, 86% of pedestrian hits, are actually the pedestrians fault, most of them not looking both ways, or paying attention.

They need to show those adverts more, and they need more unmarked police cars, because they're the only ones that really stop people from speeding.

irony is, there is a big open space of abandoned concreate near me, i was practising breaking without putting the car in a skid, and correcting skids. not to mess about but genuinly i wanted to learn how to be a better driver because driving is a big part of my life. i was moved on by the police.... police didn't want me learning that stuff...

2 years ago i took my car out on christmas day, it was icey but NO ONE was about because it was christmas. the roads were very slippy and the car spun alot even at 15mph ungritted country roads) and i learned alot about braking and controlling skids, i learned all about not braking if you are skidding, and not over correcting, and the stuff i learned then has saved me a few times now.

basically what i am getting at, is skid pan testing, track days etc should be free, or part of the test or avalible free to new drivers, or something, because it makes a huge difference.

also it makes it very obvious why we don't drive flying cars lol, the technology is there, but no one can be trusted with it. we make a mess of cars as it is...

good video upsetting but very very true

i also have been a scooter driver for 2years and from falling off my scooter i have realized how slippy the roads are even after a night off rain.

i noticed it wasnt really speeding,just not paying attention or a lack of concentration, i know when im hitting it hard im in the zone, its the adrenalin that takes over, its an addiction, but concentration is at an absolute maximum, road conditions and cars abilities must always be taken into consideration, it is possible to speed and be a safe coutious driver at the same time

I think that vid has been the only one so far that has actually hit home with me, the ones our government show just arent good enough imo, okay the young girl lying next to the tree had a very valid point but I think it was a step in the wrong direction, if you want to use shock tactics to get your message across then this vid shows the way it should be done. I fully agree that this should be made into an advert so as many people as possible get to see it, or when you pass your test you get made to sit and watch these, just to take that edge away from peoples over-confidence and show what really can happen.

it really should. it doesnt take much to crash. my mate took me out in his car tonight, wasnt speeding, took his eyes off the road for one second, and he went straight into the back of another car. my first RTA, lol, just glad we werent injured, and i wasnt the one behind the wheel. he wasnt speeding, just a momentary lapse in concentration. gutted for him though.

wow you know the first time i watched it, i watched it with no sound... and it was nothing special.

watched it again with sound and thats when it really hit home, it does make you think about what is the point in speeding if you crash it was all a waste of time, its not worth it...

i just done my usuall time attack back from my girlfriends.... not anymore, that really gets you, see when the young couple are on the wall and the civic is overtakin sommeone, rolls, then crushes the guy whos inbetween his girlfriend..... realy hits hard.

as youve all said... this should really be on the tv over here. it will make people think alot more, the govenmnt are eeejits.. all the drink drive campagins n speed camera sheeeet, CANCEL, get that video plaeyd and im sure people will be alot more carefull.

well done to that man who posted! , and actually , thanks.

no worries, just thought it would be a bit sobering, i know its fun to drive quickly etc, but just makes you think when you next give it some welly

Thats very hard hitting, i've been in a big accident and the video brings back memories... This should be shown on TV over here for definate.

Wow, that video really did hit home, quiet upsetting at points, and this deffinatly needs to be aired on british tv..a lot.. shock value, i mean i dont speed that much anyway, and i try my best to allways concentrate, but i mean, this just makes me want to be MORE concentrated...

All of the incidents in it were of people being completely stupid, IMO it wasn't so much the speed, more the concentration/readiness etc of the drivers.

The civic overtake... That was blatantly dangerous, narrow road, bridge coming up and he literally ragged it from one lane into the other.
The one with the kids in the car, obviously he was speeding a little (remember 120 is in kph i believe) but if that was national speed limit then he still wouldn't have slowed down from 100.

I'd say this makes a fantastic case for driving responsibly and ensuring you have full control but not a huge case against speeding.

The only bit i found funny was the second one (the rear ender) cos it looked like Horatio Caine out of CSI Miami.

The blind conrner with the stopped car (third one) was the only one that was convincing, still all good effort like.

agree with some oppinions and disagree with others.

ace video....remember this sort of video is aimed at the driving-masses, and in terms of colision reduction..one of the few MEASURABLE and ENFORCABLE factors are 'speed' & 'blood alcohol concentration'. this is why these topics are inflated as the only or biggest culprits by the government and police comission.

..the above are a major influence but....

in my oppinion: mood, conversation, chat-radio, daydreeming, autopiloting and testoterone fuelled diusions of 'superior abillity' or posturing are all just as potentially letal and / or life changing, but frustratingly, these are virtually impossible to detect, control or enforce by 3rd parties at the mo....we just dont have the cost effective technology for these yet

very good vid will think more about how im driving when trying not to hit that kid who always walks out in the middle of the road when texting his head off like on the t mobile advert every morning!some times life is its own down fall in this instance texting will be his .... no seriously pedestrians need to be shown this one too as they can be eeeeejits just like drivers who loose concentration

Back