This Is So Annoying!!!

Right, got a P reg 1.0 K11 with NATS ran perfect, took out engine an box replaced with 1.3 out of Super S. Swaped the various bits of loom etc, connected all up an now wont run. Engine from Super S was fine as it was in my old car which failed MOT for being rotten.

Done all the usual things, checked spark, checked Fuel, done the whole fuel pump fuse thing, tried using the 1.0 NATS ecu, 1.0 non NATS ecu but still no joy. i havent got the non NATS 1.3 ecu as i stupidly forgot to remove it when i scrapped the car.

only things i have changed to the engine is fitted a 4 branch manifold an NME group A stainless exhaust,

tired using different plugs, havent touched dizzy other than cleaned the cap an rotor arm up, not moved the postion of it or anything.

The engine cranks, but doesnt fire.

any suggestions?

you'll need the 1.3 ecu. nats only fires the car as the key/barrel/ecu are all programmed together.
feel free to correct me if im wrong.

my car is running my nats 1l ecu as the new engine and ecu was non nats system as they didnt have nats it wouldnt start the motor up at all, stuck the 1l nats ecu back in and starts fine with no problems

what bits of loom have you changed?? you could have run it on the 1.0 ECU untill you got round to getting a 1.3 mats one fitted and coded

Swaped the various bits of loom etc,
i think raceworx was questioning this^^^
Done all the usual things, checked spark, checked Fuel, done the whole fuel pump fuse thing,
The engine cranks, but doesnt fire.

any suggestions?

you say you've checked spark/fuel etc, but you haven't mentioned if they are present!
if you are getting fuel, but no spark, the smaller of the two connections on the dizzy is the same plug as the sensor under the dizzy in the head, thse come out of the loom at the same point and are inter-changeable, try swapping these over.
if it's spark and no fuel, then it's possibly the nats, but the engine check light would flash when you try and start the engine if that's the case.
if you've got both, then i'm not sure.]

it will work with the 1.0 nats ecu, but if you wanted 1.3 nats ecu then it will need re-coding at nissan,

Have fuel an spark,

parts of loom that has been changed is purely the engine loom, as it differs from the super s to the nats loom, all plugsv are the same just few little bits like wiring down to the gearbox etc

as i've read on this forum, the 1lt nats ecu will work fine.

really am stuck with this one.

i've done this transplant before an had no problems!!!

ok spoke to a mate of mine at nissan. turns out the transponder thing on the barrel is broken,

can i jus swap this for old one or not. he wasn't sure an was gonna look into it for me in the week.

have got a 1.3 nats ecu an transponder thing but there was no key with it. gettin so stressed

worked out that if i pour petrol down the throttle pot it wil fire for a second on two.

what to do....................

just fit the ecu and get it towed to your mate at nissan, it's a 5 min job max, so his work should let him do it in his dinner or something, or if they're really good, they'd let him take the consult home like the nissan garage did when i worked there.

Back